Mchart

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one starting to get pissed at the fact that we STILL don't have 4.6D. Have they completely ditched the G6 or something? Where is it? The annoying slowdown in 4.6C sucks.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Am I the only one starting to get pissed at the fact that we STILL don't have 4.6D. Have they completely ditched the G6 or something? Where is it? The annoying slowdown in 4.6C sucks.

I've been talking to Danny from the G6 Team. Looks like they have no intentions of releasing it. Or at least not any time soon.

It baffles me as much as the next person why they neglected the english version of the loader
frown.gif

My guess. Slot-2's wont be getting any more updates it'll only be M3 DS and G6 DS.

jonny_eh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So if there won't be an English 4.6D, can we at least roll back to an english version that's not slow, anyone got a download link? How about using the chinese 4.6D? Anyone got a link?

This support is awful, I'll never buy another G6/M3 product again!

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What slowdown are you guys talking about? I've got 4.6C on my G6 Lite and I don't see it -- ironically, the only game I've got loaded on my G6 right now is Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam because it was choppy as shit on my R4.

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So if there won't be an English 4.6D, can we at least roll back to an english version that's not slow, anyone got a download link?
I have yet to upgrade from the English Loader v4.4. In fact, I "downgraded" my brother's/friend's DS's to 4.4 from 4.6C (or 4.5X?). I have re-uploaded 4.4 here if you'd like to download it.

QUOTE(kalibar @ Feb 2 2007, 12:15 AM)What slowdown are you guys talking about?
I believe that everyone is referring to a slowdown in the menu system that was introduced when 4.6C was released. Not entirely sure though... don't remember.
--------------------------------------
Opium, have you heard any reports that they will stop upgrading the U-Disk Manager for the G6 (Slot-2)? Updates for the U-Disk Manager are crucial, unlike the Loader.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So if there won't be an English 4.6D, can we at least roll back to an english version that's not slow, anyone got a download link? How about using the chinese 4.6D? Anyone got a link?

This support is awful, I'll never buy another G6/M3 product again!

Unless you have one of the early demo models the Chinese loader will not work on an English G6 Lite. The 4.6D Loader is not big deal. The menu's are sortable but it doesn't save your sorts so you would have to reset them each time....and I don't. Otherwise it's about the same. I would try to find a prior loader if speed is an issue.

Hopefully the G6 team will continue to update the UDisk manager but it looks like time is moving on and some slot-2 carts will take a back seat to the slot-1 entourage.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I doubt they'll stop supporting the G6 seeing that a 8Gb G6 was announced.

Btw, can someone link me to the 4.6D Chinese loader?

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe it's a bit early to say this yet, but it annoys me when manufacturers stop supplying software updates like this. Maybe I'm living in a dreamworld, but I wish they would open-source their software and document their hardware so that other people could continue to update things.

jonny_eh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I downgraded from 4.6C to 4.6A, and the menu now responds at full speed. The speed issue wasn't with the games, but with the menu, it seemed to take twice as long to do anything (write the save to disk, redraw the screen or load a game).

4.6A seems to run all the latest games anynways, the only thing it's missing is the brightness controls.

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downgraded from 4.6C to 4.6A, and the menu now responds at full speed. The speed issue wasn't with the games, but with the menu, it seemed to take twice as long to do anything (write the save to disk, redraw the screen or load a game).
Ahhhhh, I thought things were slower -- good to know that I'm not crazy!

Is the missing brightness control the only difference from 4.6C and 4.6A? There wasn't a 4.6B, was there? I don't want to throw out any compatibility fixes they hooked up v4.6C with just to speed up the loader menu a little bit.

zeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.6A plays all of the newest games anyway. Brightness control doesn't bother me, I'm only on the game menu for a few moments anyway, unless I'm showing off to friends.

As for sorting, I use FATSort. No reason to use 4.6C, in my opinion.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhhh, I thought things were slower -- good to know that I'm not crazy!

Is the missing brightness control the only difference from 4.6C and 4.6A? There wasn't a 4.6B, was there? I don't want to throw out any compatibility fixes they hooked up v4.6C with just to speed up the loader menu a little bit.

I think 4.6B was messed up and they quickly pulled it and replaced it with 4.6C...which apparently was also messed up. Usually it's the UDisk Manager and not the loader that effects the ability to play new games. I've heard of a couple of exceptions but not many.

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does 4.4 play all the latest games?
Yes, 4.4 plays all the latest games... the only thing you have to update is the U-Disk Manager (4.6D). 4.4 seems to be the most "solid" Loader to date, and I do not see any reason to update past it. All releases after it seem to introduce problems; I'm tired of all this A, B, C crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins