4.5 O3DS with Emunand: FBI injection, cold boot...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ekaitz, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Ekaitz
    OP

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    Hi guys,

I personally own a 9.9 n3DS but my sis has a 4.5E O3DS.
    It uses the profile exploit to launch rxTools and it is working well.

Today I wanted to improve it with rxTools cold boot.
    I don't have Cubic Ninja anymore, it was stolen. I've got plenty of hax for my own n3DS but none of them seems to exist on 4.5.

I wanted to inject FBI into sysnand and then just use sys updater in rxTools using "Pasta Mode".
    I tried with 2.6 (available on rxtools.net) but also with the last nightly: None of the two versions installed FBI into H&S. Both told me that it has been successful but no FBI, only H&S has it was before. (funny fact, the last nightly asked me for v3077 while the old 2.6 asked me for v2050)

Without a FBI installer, I can't install sysupdater so I cannot update to 9.2 to setup themehax.

Does someone have a solution to setup themehax?

I don't have many ideas left, I think that I try nearly everything I'm aware of.
    We still can't launch 3dsx without Ninjhax on 4.5, right?

2. Seita

Seita GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    I don't think you can use coldboot with 4.5 since you need to install themehax. 4.5 has no themes,obviously.
    You can install sysupdater with BBM or devmenu.

If you absolutely need to update your sis 3ds, you can use another sd card and set up PBT cfw. It'll allow you to update your sysnand to 9.2 using sysupdater which you can install from devmenu.

Last edited by Seita, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Ekaitz
    OP

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    Yea, I know that I've got to update to use menuhax. But I don't have a CIA installer available on sysnand, that's the problem.

I guess that I'll use PBT if I don't find another way.

4. Seita

Oct 4, 2015
    I read about rxtools to update sysnand but I have never tried it. I actually think it's more tedious and risky than PBT

5. Ekaitz
    OP

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    It's exactly the same in fact. Pasta Mode is just sysnand with sigpatches. (No firm launch)

The point is that I've got to install sys updater in order to use it with Pasta or PBT. And atm I couldn't do it.

6. Seita

Oct 4, 2015
    Install it with BBM or Devmenu. It'll work

7. Ekaitz
    OP

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    The point is HOW am I supposed to install BBM or Devmenu? ;)

8. Seita

Oct 4, 2015
    lol
    I was assuming you can already use rxtools and have a working cia manager.
    To inject FBI to your emunand, you need v3070 of FBI.

9. Attainable

Attainable Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    RxTools booted into SysNand should allow you to install CIAs on the 4.5. EDIT: Make sure to use DEVMODE to upgrade though.

Last edited by Attainable, Nov 7, 2015
  10. Seita

Oct 4, 2015
    Devmode. Not sys rxtools. Do the latter and brick your 3ds.

wormdood and Ammako like this.
  11. Attainable

Attainable Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Oops. Right, I was thinking about two different things at once, since you can install CIAs in SysNand.... But yes, DevMode to upgrade

12. Ekaitz
    OP

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    I can install cia in emunand but I can't inject FBI in SYSnand. If I had a CIA manager in Sysnand, I'll just have to install sysupdater and use devmode.

13. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    use this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) to install rxtools it will during the process inject fbi to sysnand without cubic ninja
    and as well it has instructions to safely update sysnand and install themehax autoboot
    basically if you are looking to update your cfw this one is the best choice if you are on o3ds . . . as you are

edit: my 500th post :toot:

Last edited by wormdood, Nov 7, 2015
  14. Seita

Oct 4, 2015
    Don't waste your time with rxtools. Trust me.
    The only method i can guarantee is PBT cfw. That's the only one I have been using to upgrade and I can't recommend anything else. Bonne chance.

15. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    aflack i understand that is the only one you know (or have ever tried) but its not the only guaranteed way
    rxtools 2.5.2.devmode works flawlessly for sysnand updates . . . and the version listed in that guide i linked is reported fully functional by many users

Last edited by wormdood, Nov 7, 2015
  16. Seita

Oct 4, 2015
    I'm not saying it doesn't. I am just stating my opinion that PBT cfw is easier. And btw, I have been upgrading and downgrading my spare O3ds. So, I know very well what I'm talking about.

17. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    oh i am not tring to say you are completely wrong (just a little misleading) as PBT works as well . . . but like you i would only recommend what i have used personally and also in the op he states that rxtools autoboot is the goal . . . so why dance around in the cfw he wants to leave when he can get to the one he wants and use it to accomplish all the starting goals

Ammako likes this.
  18. Seita

Oct 4, 2015
    I understand. Anyway, everyone uses the method that best suits them. Good to have two different experiences. Makes more choice.

wormdood likes this.
  19. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
  20. mgrev

mgrev Legit Gladiator

Apr 13, 2015
    Norway
    Under Tomato Hentai's stairs
    NO! NO GOD PLEASE DONT NOOO. YOU MUST USE RXTOOLS DEVMODE. NOT DOING SO WILL RESULT IN A BRICK. 100 % GURANTEED.

Ammako and wormdood like this.