Hacking 4.5 FW version and Gateway Card

ronatola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. I had my 3DS working great with my Gateway card in 2015 until my Daughter upgraded the FW to 11.0.0-33U.
The card no longer works because the FW is too high. Higher than 9.2
I found a used 3Ds for sale for $100 and it's at FW 4.5
If I buy it, will the Gateway card work again? Or will I run into the new issue of the browser being blocked now?
The gateway card needs acccess to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/

ronatola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the replies. I looked over the guide and it seems too complex for me.
Back to my original question, could I just put my gateway card in the 3ds @ fw v 4.5 and launch the backup games that way? Or will the browser ability be blocked from Nintendo?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the replies. I looked over the guide and it seems too complex for me.
Back to my original question, could I just put my gateway card in the 3ds @ fw v 4.5 and launch the backup games that way? Or will the browser ability be blocked from Nintendo?
It is no harder than setting up Gateway in the first place - you can use the exact same exploit i.e. DS profile (also known as MSET). If you get confused you can always ask us. Yes it would work. Keep in mind though if you run into difficulty in future you're unlikely to get help because you're using a different setup to everybody else.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

ronatola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I will try it.
I have a NAND backup dated Sept 2015, but not sure how to use it - or if I need to?
I assume I used GW to make it, but can't use GW to restore cause it needs an internet connection.

Last edited by ronatola,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?