Hacking 4.4 sysNAND; Can I run CIA games without a Gateway?

Calico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm relatively new to this community, but I followed the 3DScene a while back. I can't be sure, but I have vague memories of some people being able to install BigBlueBox/Menu and play CIA backups or something? I'm wondering if it's possible to do that, or do I need to put down $100+ (Canadian) in order to play 3DS games. Thanks.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can buy a GW card from a Canadian supplier for $65 (if you have a Canadian VISA card or email money transfer). I'm not going to link to that site, but it's an "official supplier" so you can just go look for it. With a 4.x 3DS (XL) I always advise GW, just for ease of use (run .3ds/.3dz files) and no messing with your SysNAND. But if you don't want to spend $65 for that, there are plenty of tutorials for CFW.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a functional web browser you don't need anything else other than your own SD card.

Use the web browser to install rxTools, then use Dev Mode + Sysupdater to update to 9.2, with that you can use the Menuhax + ctrbootmanager combo to coldboot rxTools.

No Gateway
No blue card
No R4i
No nothing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs