1. Calico

OP Calico Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm relatively new to this community, but I followed the 3DScene a while back. I can't be sure, but I have vague memories of some people being able to install BigBlueBox/Menu and play CIA backups or something? I'm wondering if it's possible to do that, or do I need to put down $100+ (Canadian) in order to play 3DS games. Thanks.

2. Rioluwott

Rioluwott GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    You can use Rxtools its free

3. Calico

OP Calico Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks for the fast reply, I've read the RxTools thread, but doesn't it require you to have a Blue Gateway card?

4. Rioluwott

Rioluwott GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    Do you have any R4 clone?
    i think you can use the internet browser to install the mset but i don´t know how

5. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    You can buy a GW card from a Canadian supplier for $65 (if you have a Canadian VISA card or email money transfer). I'm not going to link to that site, but it's an "official supplier" so you can just go look for it. With a 4.x 3DS (XL) I always advise GW, just for ease of use (run .3ds/.3dz files) and no messing with your SysNAND. But if you don't want to spend $65 for that, there are plenty of tutorials for CFW.

6. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If you have a functional web browser you don't need anything else other than your own SD card.

Use the web browser to install rxTools, then use Dev Mode + Sysupdater to update to 9.2, with that you can use the Menuhax + ctrbootmanager combo to coldboot rxTools.

No Gateway
    No blue card
    No R4i
    No nothing...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - sysNAND, without, Gateway