Hacking 4.3j now, asking for help

jason_y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Ok, the situation now is a Wii with only WiiKey I and no softmod was updated recently.
4.3j now, no more region override, just Japan version "backup" disc can be read
i have Super Smash Bros Brawl but it cannot be read by this Wii...
any way to make this SSBB possible to be read on this Wii?
or converting the save into Japan version?
as there is Japan version SSBB

Similar on Lego Indiana Jones, there is Japan version savegame but no Japan version game= =
Yelling for HELP, THANKS!

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think you have any method left to launch unsigned code. There is no Lego Indiana Jones for jap wii and no smack stash exploit.

jason_y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
-o-
actually i tried the WiiGF 3.0.5 in order to change the region code of SSBB for making it possible to be read on this 4.3j Wii,
unfortunately each disc shows a black screen saying that "error - please restart your Wii"(

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you can use the "swap disc" method, but I don't know much about it. Something to do with starting an unmodified original (or backup) disc, and then pressing home, swapping the disc with a trucha signed one with replaced main DOL and pressing home again. Don't know all the details.

EDIT: I have no idea where I saw it mentioned, but I'm pretty sure I did. It may have been in one of the "4.3 Softmod Guides"...

EDIT: Found it here : http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...74-4-3-fix.html

QUOTE said:
Option 4- cIOSCORP/DARKCORP (4.3u, 4.3e, 4.3j, 4.3k)
-use the DISK SWAP method to load app. Just use an in region game that reboots to the game health/safety screen. Burn a copy of that game, good and proper. Then use wiiscrubber to replace the main.dol of that iso with the loadmii boot.dol from 4.3-FIX.zip, burn the modified iso good and proper. Boot your game, once the game loads push HOME, swap the game disks, restart the game. Loadmii should load, do step 2. This is currently the only option for 4.3j/k systems. See post #151 for more details

Looks like you need Darkcorp preinstalled as well. Sorry.

jason_y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
SifJar said:
I think you can use the "swap disc" method, but I don't know much about it. Something to do with starting an unmodified original (or backup) disc, and then pressing home, swapping the disc with a trucha signed one with replaced main DOL and pressing home again. Don't know all the details.
tried this method already and this consuming at least 7 DVD-R discs for burning the WiiParty ISO...
it doesn't worked on my Wii because i got no cIOSCORP/DARKCORP cios installed Orz

http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...html#post385847

jason_y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
actually somebody in a taiwan forum has an idea to make this "disc swap" can be used in Wii even it has no softmod before
signparty.jpg

the upper part is the signature of partition.bin with loadmii.dol(

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Wait for TT to release HBC, they said it would be compatible with all regions which implies that a new exploit will be released that works for K and J regions.

@jason_y : Correct signature of old main.dol? Since you can't just forge the signature of loadmii dol there..

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dn_angel000 said:
Install Priiloader an select the 'Region Changer' (Or something like that) hack!! lol Maybe that'll help ya!! lol

That doesn't help. Please read the OP before shouting priiloader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like not emulating the entire SNES but just a loader and the enhancement chips perhaps even...