Hacking 4.3E with HBC 1.0.8 cannot add Bootmii

minter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am wondering if anyone can help.

I have a 4.3E system with HBC 1.0.8 installed, and have happily been running emulators from it for ages. I have recently decided to go for a full soft mod for USB loaders.

I have been through and researched both the MODmii method, and also the Complete Soft mod with DOPmii etc.

Obviously I need to start with a NAND backup before anything else, but have remembered that I chose not to Install BootMii on my last HBC update. It would seem I need to run the hackmii installer and add Bootmii. As I am at the newest revision of HBC, I cannot force an online update.

I have downloaded the hackmii installer 0.8, and have extracted the boot.elf. I have placed this in an apps/update folder on my SD, but when I fire up HBC to run the installer, I cannot see an option to run it. odd, given that the readme suggests that this would be the way to do it.

Having read the readme for the hackmii installer, I see it mentions that Bootmii is automatically loaded as an IOS on all versions from hackmii installer 1.0.7, and should be runable from the exit menu of the HBC. Have found the option, but selecting it just black screens the system and flashes the disk slot.

Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong? Is the only way out to uninstall the HBC all together and start again with an exploit to run the boot.elf? Am wondering if I am missing something obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Your wii can not have bootmii installed as boot2 I guess. But it can be installed as an IOS no matter what. While inside HBC, press the home button and then click the bootmii button that you see on the screen. From there you can do a nand backup. Keep in mind, once in bootmii, you have to use the power and reset buttons to navigate through bootmii or use a gamecube controller.

minter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply.

Have tried that, but as i said, it seems to produce a black screen with no options and a flashing blue disk slot! or am I being a git, and it's doing a nand backup?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Be more clear about when the black screen happens. When does it happen, at what step? What the LAST thing you see and whats the last button you press? Chances are it is not doing a nand backup. I bet your SD card is not compatible.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minter: I'm pretty sure the reason it is having this problem is that you have no bootmii config files on your sd. I would look around for them...

minter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
was just looking at that myself. You're right, there are none. Does that suggest I've got to run the lodi exploit and run the hackmii installer from there to get Bootmii up and running?

minter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ooops, sorry deadly, the black screen happens as soon as I select launch Bootmii from the HBC home menu. I hadn't realised Bootmii had issues with certain SD cards. Its an 8gb Sandisk and I've never had any problems with HBC or running any homebrew from it.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minter: Bootmii is installed fine, so there is no problem, and probably no problem with your sd card. The problem is that you need to have bootmii config files for bootmii to run (not install) and to do anything. Otherwise, it will just display the symptoms you mentioned. Search around for some bootmii config files.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Use ModMii, and select the HackMii Solutions option and follow through and select your situation and it will download everything for you, or you can just run the hackmii installer and goto "Bootmii" and select "Prepare SD Card".

Edit: SHIT!!! I missed that this was my 2,500th post. Time to celebrate!!!!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
actually, using ModMii u would want to select "C" from the main menu to build config files files Bootmii (also downloads the "bootmii" folder+files)

edit: forgot to mention, there was a bug in v4.5.1 (fixed in v4.5.2) where ModMii will crash if u tell the config builder to download the bootmii folder, so just download it from download page 2 ("BSD")

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
probably also the reason why it was buggy up until now, lol
wink.gif

your my superstar beta tester! no more slacking off homie!
biggrin.gif

minter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Should've taken a more in depth look at MODmii! Thanks a lot fellas, yup, just needed to get the config files from downloads 2. NAND backup done!

On with the rest of it. Thanks for your help, and XfFak, MODmii is the nuts!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.