4.3E Semi-brick (update to 4.3U)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by padooo, Dec 12, 2011.

Dec 12, 2011

4.3E Semi-brick (update to 4.3U) by padooo at 6:32 PM (1,283 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. padooo
    OP

Newcomer padooo Advanced Member

United States
    Hey guys,

I got in my hands a Semi-Bricked European Wii today. The owner says he update his Wii firmware from a Metroid Other M disk, 4.3U. Now the Wii menu is completely messed up and I just can't select anything in the screen it just goes wrong.

The wii is softmodded and hardmodded. I wonder if you guys could show me the solutions to fix the problem, even if I need to use the hardmod stuff or the softmod stuff.

Oh, and is there anyway to fix it if there isn't priiloader/bootmii installed?

Thanks in advance.

2. jrk190

Member jrk190 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, one of the things that could have contributed to this brick could be anything like a menu modification or downgrading. Does he have bootmii installed? Has he run a NAND Dump? The type of disc and region has nothing to do with the brick, it is the actual system menu.

3. jrk190

Member jrk190 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Okay, I just read the Bootmii part. The only way to restore your wii (By my knowledge, which isn't much) is to flash it or something. I know that sounds rather bad, but that's all I can say.

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Hi, are you able to boot the homebrew channel or play a disc? If yes then it's easy to fix :P

5. padooo
    OP

Newcomer padooo Advanced Member

United States
    I'll try to do both FIX94.

If I manage to do it what should I do?

6. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    You should install 4.3e over your current sysmenu & the problem should be fixed .

7. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    If you are able to boot homebrew channel you can re-install the system menu to fix it. If you only manage to boot a game you could use for example super smash bros brawl to run a exploit and boot for example wiimod to re-install the system menu