Nay-Kee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
yesterday i updated to 4.3b Wan... everything works fine but there a question i think about.
4.3 Wan blocks online/disc updates as Waninkoko also confirmed in one of the threads in this forum.
I think this is a good thing, but i see a problem: what if i want to go back to the original firmware (ok, nobody wants that
smile.gif
)?
But what, if there is a new firmware, and waninkoko has left the homebrew scene once again... how can i get then to the new version?
Is there in theory a possibility to get back to the original firmware (maybe in a few month if new hacks in 4.3 have been found)?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Disc updates can be blocked on most system menu versions btw, you'll just need to install StartPatch or Priiloader and enable the correct hacks.

Though it's probably better to run the game through gecko OS, so it can install the needed IOS for the game.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
WAD Installer + original system menu 4.3 wad (downloaded from NUS) would do the job.

i don't understand why people are so much in hurry to update though

Nay-Kee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your answers...
to sum up:
downloading 4.3 with NUSD (Database/System/System Menu/4.3), packing it into a WAD (about 23,5 MB) and installing it via Wad Manager would do the Job?

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nay-Kee said:
thanks for your answers...
to sum up:
downloading 4.3 with NUSD (Database/System/System Menu/4.3), packing it into a WAD (about 23,5 MB) and installing it via Wad Manager would do the Job?

Installing System Menu 4.3 via wad without first installing IOS80 would take you on a one way trip to "Brick City"

But is seems you already used Waninkoko's updater so im sure you already have a Trucha patched IOS80 on the Wii.

Installing a clean SM 4.3 will also remove your HBC and fix bannerbomb. Are you sure you wish to do this?

Nay-Kee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, i really dont't want...
smile.gif

only wanted to know how to get back to the original firmware, if there should be new ways to run homebrew on 4.3 in a few weeks or months
smile.gif

or if waninkok leaves the scene again... and then i'm stuck on 4.3 wan
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)