4.3 Hacking

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jamstruth, Aug 10, 2010.

Aug 10, 2010

4.3 Hacking by Jamstruth at 1:38 PM (8,072 Views / 0 Likes) 34 replies

1. Jamstruth
    OP

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    I've never done anything outside of getting the Homebrew Channel running on my Wii. I'm not a complete n00b but am pretty uneducated on any matters outside of the basic HackMii installer and running the homebrew channel.

I am running system menu 4.3E. I have a launch Wii and have BootMii installed as a Boot2 which I have used to back up my NAND. I am curious about getting DVDs playing on my Wii (though I have no real need should still be interesting), creating System menu Channels for the likes of SNES9x and possibly getting a back-up loader (I have a launch Wii so should be capapble of this right?) The big modding guide up top is only for 4.2 and I know nothing about installing cIOS, especially with all the hoohah with Ninty stubbing IOSes that had exploits.

Of course, 4.3E means IOSes are stubbed. If I can't do these things then I entirely accept that and shall sit tight until the mehtods are updated to support 4.3E.

Thanks in advance.

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    There's no exploit as of now like bannberbomb,but there's SmashStack and IndianaPWNS(which requires you to have the real retail game)

In the meanwhile,go readup on http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/

3. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    If you have bootmii boot2, you can run the hackmii installer bootmini.elf with the internal browser, right? Then you don't need any exploit.

4. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've got the HBC installed, otherwise how could I have Bootmii Boot2 installed? I've just never gone past that, ever. Wondering about taking my hacks a little bit further now. heck I have the cIOS installer on my SD card, I just don't know what IOS number I should use to install it.

5. FIX94

Germany
    Use IOS250 if you have it, this should work. Otherwise Use Dop-Mii 12.1 Beta 1 or Pimp My Wii v2.00 to patch your IOS36 again.

6. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok... Just tried that. My remote's lights went out when I pressed A and nothing happened on the screen. Am now worried about turning off in case it bricks the Wii -_-

7. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    DVDx is dead killed by 4.3

8. FIX94

Germany
    It won't brick your wii, no problem [​IMG] Try to patch the IOS36 again with Dop-Mii 12.1 Beta 1. Start Dop-Mii and select Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign and follow the on-screen introductions.
    @Dter ic:
    There is a priiloader System Menu hack for 4.3 to reactivate DVDx!

9. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    DVDx doesn't exist anymore, don't think 4.3 killed it though. They just updated the homebrew channel so it wasn't required anymore. When I tried to access the DVD menu on Wii MPlayer it said I required IOS 202 (which i believe is what cIOS installs).

Right, IOS250 did not work so i have to use DOP-Mii to re-bug my IOS36. Sure this will work on 4.3?

10. FIX94

Germany
    Dop-Mii 12.1 beta 1 is extra for a virgin 4.3U and 4.3E. I still have DVDx on my 4.3E Wii for ftpii.

11. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well apparently my Wii does not like it. it loads the splash screen with "Press A to continue, Home to abort" then freezes. My Wii Remote shows no lights, the only kind of response I can get is if I plug in a GC controller and press A, then I get a DSI Exception error.

12. FIX94

Germany
    OK, now we will try a mod of the Trucha Bug Restorer 1.13 MOD 4.3 by R2:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?migmkznirte
    Start the application and press B to not reload the IOS. In the menu, select Install IOS41 and Download IOS from NUS. After installation, restart Trucha Bug restorer and reload IOS41. Now select Downgrade IOS15 and Download IOS from NUS. Then restart Trucha Bug restorer again. Now reload IOS15 and go to the IOS36 menu and select Install patched IOS36 and Download IOS from NUS.
    Then you can upgrade IOS15 if you want.

13. Supercool330

Member Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you ware just looking for something to patch the bugs into newer IOSs I recommend Pimp My Wii 2.0, patches everything in one go, installs Hermes and Waninkoko's cIOS, and makes sure everything on your wii is up to date. LINK

14. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok. Well i just used the TBR Mod to get IOS36 patched as well as getting IOS41. Should I just run Pimp my Wii then?

15. Supercool330

Member Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ya that works fine, it works from any point and does all the IOS and cIOS stuff. The only other things I recommend installing are Priiloader (HERE) and Wiigator's cMIOS (HERE). You should then be set.

16. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    So it does the same thing as cIOS Installer? I sound like a true n00b but I suppose I am in 90% of the hacks... What exactly does it install and what does it all do?

Priiloader is just for adding extra hacks to the system menu. I guess that's not too bad. Doesn't add anything extra in? My sister uses the Wii so I can't be having her turning the Wii on to find a screen she doesn't understand.

Wiigator's is a GC backup loader, so if I put a GC game in on a burnt disc it would run, right?

17. FIX94

Germany
    Pimp my wii will update all your channels, IOSes, and i *think* it will install cIOS249 and hermes cIOS222, but i never used the program. Priiloader will only start if you hold down the reset button when you turn on the wii, so i don't really think your sister will do this [​IMG]
    When you want to play GC Games, use the latest NeoGamma R9 Beta and install the recommened cMIOS from here.

18. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'd rather not have it update everything. I would much rather choose what I want.
    I don't need something for USB Loaders, I will never use them. I may use a backup loader so NeoGamma is a possibility. Would also like one for Wii games.
    Can I run the cIOS installer now I have bugged IOS36 by choosing IOS36?
    Also do I need anything to install any cIOSes to get channels (wads right?) on my system menu for loading the emus?

19. FIX94

Germany
    You can use IOS36 now to install the cIOS. To install wads you can also use IOS36.

20. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    So how exactly do I go about this? Pointing me to a guide is an acceptable answer [​IMG]

Edit: cIOS installer errors out saying "Bad Hash"