4.3 and sneek

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by scooby74029, Jun 24, 2010.

Jun 24, 2010

4.3 and sneek by scooby74029 at 3:40 AM (2,185 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. scooby74029
    OP

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    i updated my sneek nand to 4.3 and it deleted my hbc. I then thought of showmiiwads and i got a wad of hbc which was jodi and uses ios 20. I used showmiiwads and changed the title id of hbc jodi to homo but you can use anything. My 4.3 nand now shows hbc and it works fine. I was wondering if someone with bootmii as boot2 could do the same and install hbc to there real nand then update and see if hbc is still there and working. My bootmii is ios only or i would try it. Please let me know if you do this would like to know if i helped anyone out or not.

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Try rebooting the SNEEK NAND. IIRC the channel is wiped by the System Menu upon boot.

3. scooby74029
    OP

United States
    no my hbc is still there and i can use it no matter how many times i reboot the sneek nand

edit the only thing that works so far in hbc is mmm

edit2 homebrew browser works kind of.... it loads but when trying to exit to loader it freezes

edit 3 wadmanager 1.4 works and installs wads but when trying to exit it freezes too

4. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    correct me if I'm wrong, but the apps freezing upon exit, is because the apps are looking to reload the hbc under the JODI titile, which isn't there in your case since you changed it homo [​IMG]

5. scooby74029
    OP

United States
    ahhh ok thanks for that i am new to this whole hackin thing only been doing it for a few months now. I really love sneek though since my real nand only has bootmii as ios.

edit: homebrew browser wont download anything after it loads

6. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Are you trying to download things to an SD card? By default, SD support for Wii applications is turned off.

Can the Homebrew Browser download to a USB device, if the above is what you are trying to do? That might fix the download problem.

7. scooby74029
    OP

United States
    oh no i am just seeing what is working with sneek and the new update. Most homebrew apps wont work.

i looked in the 00000010000002 folder after messing with hbc and there is a new folder in there called NUPAUDIT nothing in it but wonder what it is for.. Also there was play_rec.dat

8. --=ZerO=--

Member --=ZerO=-- GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I think i also have this folder on my 3.2E Wii...