Apple 4.3.1 Untethered jailbreak released

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope they're gonna do a Greenpois0n version of it. I hate restoring my iPhone entirely just to upgrade
frown.gif

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't now that if u used green poison, you didn't lose anything. I thought everytime u updated, your phone was sort of formatted?

Is there any app out to back up your Cydia/sources and games/apps so that u can restore after?

Hmmm also does Cydia work with this new 4.3.1 jb?

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bloodangel said:
I didn't now that if u used green poison, you didn't lose anything. I thought everytime u updated, your phone was sort of formatted?

Is there any app out to back up your Cydia/sources and games/apps so that u can restore after?

Well, I just updated from 4.1 to 4.2.1, then greenpois0n'd and all my stuff was there (except my Cydia packages). Awesome.

APTBackup should do the trick. I'm not entirely certain though, since I've never used it.

Yep. It should already work.

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodangel said:

yes cydia works with the new one.

but i have a question.you just have to upgrade in itunes to 4.3.1 then jailbreak it right?cause i am not for sure cause of snowbreeze and how you have to download the firmware to do it.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Bloodangel said:

Well, I just updated from 4.1 to 4.2.1, then greenpois0n'd and all my stuff was there (except my Cydia packages). Awesome.

APTBackup should do the trick. I'm not entirely certain though, since I've never used it.

Did you only go to 4.2.1 and not to 4.3.1?

Anyone used the aptbackup? What does it back up?

At mo my iphone4 is jailbroken with limerain on 4.1 and I'm gonna upgrade n jailbreak

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Joktan said:
Bloodangel said:

but i have a question.you just have to upgrade in itunes to 4.3.1 then jailbreak it right?cause i am not for sure cause of snowbreeze and how you have to download the firmware to do it.

I think you can download the firmware and update it through holding shift and clicking update in iTunes... Or by auto updating using iTunes.

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodangel said:
Joktan said:
Bloodangel said:

I think you can download the firmware and update it through holding shift and clicking update in iTunes... Or by auto updating using iTunes.
so it doesnt really matter then?i just have never used redsn0w so i just want to make sure.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Bloodangel said:
Because I did it when the 4.2.1 JB came out
tongue.gif
I'm probably waiting some days before upgrading to 4.3.1.

Why wait a few days?
You could update and jailbreak and then any redsnow updates that come out over the coming days, can be applied without losing any data/apps because you will already be jailbroken and on 4.3.1

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodangel said:
raulpica said:
Bloodangel said:

Anyone used the aptbackup? What does it back up?

At mo my iphone4 is jailbroken with limerain on 4.1 and I'm gonna upgrade n jailbreak

Just saying aptbackup corupted my whole ipod touch before so idk if you want to you it....

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
petspaps said:
If i were to simply update from itunes, on a jail-broken 4.2.1 couldn't i just apply the jailbreak without loosing all my data.....??

I'm not sure, but in past when I have updated.. I have lost everything, so I'd say that you can't update without losing everything

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bloodangel said:
raulpica said:
Bloodangel said:
Because I did it when the 4.2.1 JB came out
tongue.gif
I'm probably waiting some days before upgrading to 4.3.1.

Why wait a few days?
You could update and jailbreak and then any redsnow updates that come out over the coming days, can be applied without losing any data/apps because you will already be jailbroken and on 4.3.1
Because I don't want to restore my iPhone all over
tongue.gif
So I'm hoping in a new version of greenpois0n or something like that which doesn't require you to restore.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
its not working for my ipod touch 4g windows vista. i have the right ipsw and i put it in compadibilty mode and in windows xp service pack 2. any help
edit: it keeps freezing on the uploading ramdisk stage. and my ipod is at the downloading jailbreak image stage so help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk