4.2u virgin help...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by smuddge, Oct 1, 2009.

Oct 1, 2009

4.2u virgin help... by smuddge at 3:14 PM (644 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. smuddge
    OP

Newcomer smuddge Advanced Member

United States
    has anyone written a 4.2u virgin guide?

what i have done so far.
    ssbb smashstack. bootmii v0.5 installed homebrew channel and dvdx and bootmii to boot2.

I am at a loss as to what to do next.
    I tried to follow http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182778 a bit but i don't understand the cboot2 stuff.
    Never used it before so I have no idea what to do next.

Can someone give me a bit of a hand here to finish this up.
    Just want to put in cios249 and neogamma and usb loader.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Arendo

Member Arendo GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    ok, so I've been reading a lot about this stuff the past few days, pure out of interest, as I'm not planning on updating before knowing for sure nintendo leaves me no choice [​IMG]

anyway, I think it's like this:

cboot2 is a program that can be run from bootmii, to launch a fully functional wad manager, from their you can uninstall the stub IOS249
    and then you should have cboot2 run the cIOS38rev14 installer (I believe, though, that the cboot2 program has to be modified a little to run the correct file ... haven't looked into it that much, but I just downloaded cboot2 and it says the example package loads wad manager...)

after that you can run DOP-IOS MOD v5 and trucha enable IOS36
    and then continue the rest of Amarok's guide if you want to use Hermes' IOSes as well, pretty straight forward if you ask me...

(this is pretty much an exact quote from Amarok @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2294052 )

3. smuddge
    OP

Newcomer smuddge Advanced Member

United States
    got it working. thanks for the help.
    And especially thanks to Narolez! Got everything in a nice tidy little guide for me!!!