Hacking 4.2U Upgrade

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been asking for some time and nobody has given me a straight answer. I just want to know if 4.2U is ok to upgrade to? I am currently at 4.1U and I just want confirmation that 4.2U is not going to limit me from doing something!

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are region free hacks? I currently don't play GC games, and don't intend on doing so. Can you explain what you mean by region free hacks?

D

Deleted User

spritefreak said:
Can somebody please explain to me what is meant by "region free hacks"?
yes it is ok to uprade to system menu 4.2 if you follow the directions on the guide form the link above and region free hacks, allow you to play any game or channel out of region say your us you could then play games form korea or japn ntsc J or pal stuff i hope you understand

or this link http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Yes, regionfree hack is intended to play, as stated above, VC games and channels, WiiWare from another region, but most important would be the regionfree Wii games/ discs hack which is still not availiable AFAIK, this will allow you to play all games through disc channel in combination with cIOSCORP.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that is what region free meant. A follow-up question on that....

I currently have PAL and NTSC backup discs that I play through NeoGamma. If I upgrade to 4.2U, correct me if I am wrong, but I will no longer be able to play the PAL games via backup discs? Does that also apply to playing PAL games through a USB loader?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you'll still be able to play your PAL via a backup loader

just not through the disc channel.

USB loaders can play just about any game

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...another clarification...when you say disc channel are you referring to the actual channel?

Playing Region Free games:
Disc Channel.....NO
BackUp Loader...YES
USB Loader...YES

Since I play all games currently through a backup loader and am looking to switch to a USB loader, then the region free hack that I lose by upgrading to 4.2U is a moot point....correct?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
Ok...another clarification...when you say disc channel are you referring to the actual channel?

Playing Region Free games:
Disc Channel.....NO
BackUp Loader...YES
USB Loader...YES

Since I play all games currently through a backup loader and am looking to switch to a USB loader, then the region free hack that I lose by upgrading to 4.2U is a moot point....correct?
right
it only affect cIOSOCORP and modchip users

wont affect you really

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxzero....First of all thanks for your help in answering these questions. I have been trying to figure out what I should do. I think I am going to proceed with the update, and use your guide as it looks fairly simple and well written.

ONe last questions I have about the update is this "003 error" that I have seen discussed. With the update, I understand that is basically removes HBC and disables Preloader .29, but I image that is the purpose of going to HBC JODI and Priiloader. Is this 003 error still occuring and what is it exactly?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent....thanks again!

Besides Bootmii and Priiloader and a NAND backup, is there anything else I should have to protect my Wii from bricking?

D

Deleted User

tj_cool said:
spritefreak said:

Besides Bootmii and Priiloader and a NAND backup, is there anything else I should have to protect my Wii from bricking?
no, thats enough
haha dude omg... hahah

ummm sprite dude do some research like try google or wiibrew.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WitoRIT92 said:
tj_cool said:
spritefreak said:

no, thats enough
haha dude omg... hahah

ummm sprite dude do some research like try google or wiibrew.
What are you laughing with?
You know some other must have brick protection tools?
huh.gif

D

Deleted User

so far the most commonly used are priiloader and bootmii, well theres FS Toolbox but thats some work.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WitoRIT92...don't know what's so funny! I was asking a simple question to ensure there was not something I missed.

tj_cool...I am using xzxzero's 4.2U update guide and he talks about an optional system menu hack. Can you explain what that is? Below is the link to the guide. Also, am I correct in saying that Preloader .30 doesn't work with HBC Jodi and I need to use Priiloader?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=108&t=171901

D

Deleted User

spritefreak said:
WitoRIT92...don't know what's so funny! I was asking a simple question to ensure there was not something I missed.

tj_cool...I am using xzxzero's 4.2U update guide and he talks about an optional system menu hack. Can you explain what that is? Below is the link to the guide. Also, am I correct in saying that Preloader .30 doesn't work with HBC Jodi and I need to use Priiloader?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=108&t=171901
i apologize for laughing i was having a bad day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.