4.2U on modchip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Welgaia, Jun 7, 2010.

Jun 7, 2010

4.2U on modchip by Welgaia at 4:45 AM (421 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. Welgaia
    OP

Newcomer Welgaia Newbie

Canada
    I'm not sure if this has been addressed before, but since I haven't kept myself up-to-date in regards to Wii modding and hacking for a year, it's quite difficult to search and read each of the topics.

I got my NTSC-U Wii hardmodded last year on d2proV2, played fine for a while and then got busy with school and stuff. After a year not kept-up-to-date with hacks, I upgraded the firmware to 4.2U through the official updater (stupid, yeah) today and found that:

- It won't read my NTSC-J backups (Shikigami no Shiro III and Tales of Symphonia KoR), haven't tried with my japanese original SSBB (can't find it).
    - Tales of Symphonia: DotNW Undub 1.1 (patched with WiiBlocker) tells me "The system files are corrupt." every time I insert the disc.
    - For NTSC-U, it reads Mario Kart Wii backup, but not Twilight Princess (although I suspect this is more due to dvd burning problems[?]).

I heard 4.2U blocks region-free from modchips, I guess this is true? Is there a way to fix/restore this issue? How do I fix the ToS Undub problem? Although I'm not familiar with softmodding, I'll be willing to try it if it makes the world an easier place to live.

Thank you very much.

P.S. Oh, and my Wii has been upgraded by NSMBWii and SSBB, not sure if this helps though.