OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have modded my wii (4.2U) using amarokz and xxzero guide. I am able to load game using USB Loader GX. I believed I had screwed up my Wii after wad installation of a boy and his blod. Now, after Pressing a when on the health warning pages, i cant load the system menu and it seems like a screen freeze. Anyone can help?

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Choc0lat!

If you have preloader install go to homebrew channel and reinstall system menu 4.2u wad, you can get this wad with NUSD and check pack to wad.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you make a nand backup with bootmii beforehand??? if so did you install bootmii as boot2 or IOS? if it is installed as boot2, just install your nand backup...if you installed it as IOS and have preloader...hold reset immediately after powering on the wii...this will load preloader...from there load bootmii, and install your nand backup......A boy and his blob has been bricking people

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
if he followed my guide then he should have at least a NAND backup

unsure.gif
Assuming he didn't follow the guide correctly, then the brick should serve as a lesson to ALWAYS FOLLOW DIRECTIONS

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
there is already a big thread regarding making a wad for a boy and his blob. gives you a banner brick.

there are a few options. if you have bootmii as boot2, restore your most recent backup. if you have preloader, load it up and go to the homebrew channel, load up wad manager and remove the boy and his blob wad.

if you have neither of those two, then you're a fool for a start. do you have a modchip?

Choc0lat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I wasnt really sure. i start off using amarokz guide which i cant get the usb loader works. After reading the thread by xxzero, i followed the step for the truncha as i already have hbc running. I dun have any midchip installed. does it mean the end of my Wii.

Choc0lat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
0M39A said:
do you have bootmii installed to boot2 (and a nand backup)?
do you have preloader installed?
I did installed bootmi. with amarokz guide. But I dun think it was being install to boot2. I might get the steps wrong as i nvr see any boot2

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
so you dont even know if you have bootmii installed to boot2 or ios?

im going to assume ios, in which case you should have installed preloader, which i assume you didnt, correct?

Choc0lat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
0M39A said:
so you dont even know if you have bootmii installed to boot2 or ios?

im going to assume ios, in which case you should have installed preloader, which i assume you didnt, correct?
I dun think i have preloader. if that is the case means my wii is gone?

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
if you dont even know what you have installed on your wii, then you probably shouldnt have even been trying to mod it in the first place.

Choc0lat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
0M39A said:
if you dont even know what you have installed on your wii, then you probably shouldnt have even been trying to mod it in the first place.
I managed to run game using usbloader. Therefore thought I should have done it correctly. anyway to boot up directly to wad manager?

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
Choc0lat said:
0M39A said:
I managed to run game using usbloader. Therefore thought I should have done it correctly. anyway to boot up directly to wad manager?

only if you have a modchip or preloader.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes it is
if you followed my guide then you would have a NAND backup and preloader installed if you were smart.

you have a banner brick.

only preloader, bootmii as boot2, or a modchip can save you.

Choc0lat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I had followed your steps until Step 6 and 7 which are optional.
I started off Amarokz guide using Bannerbomb to start Hackmii Installer.
Installed HomeBrew Channel, Bootmii, Bootmii IOS, DVDX.
Moved the bootmii folder hackmii created as bootmii backup.
Does this actually consider NAND backup?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no, thats just installing bootmii
you didnt even make a NAND backup

or install preloader

did you install the patched IOS70 at least?

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the folder you moved wasnt a nand backup, it was the folder that the installer created.You would've physically created a backup using the on screen Bootmii menu..bootmii doesnt create a back-up upon installation..,(although that would be a interesting feature for people who can install as boot 2...install bootmii, wii reboots into bootmii, automatically creates nand backup!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all