4.2 Update question.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by cuamoose, Nov 27, 2009.

Nov 27, 2009

4.2 Update question. by cuamoose at 12:43 AM (925 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. cuamoose
    OP

Newcomer cuamoose Member

United States
    I have a Wasabi Zero and it's latest firmware. My system menu is 3.4U. I have used The Homebrew Channel with the homebrew Guitarfun, and used to have Guitarsonfire, WiiSCU, and the Wii shop and IOS61 installer from tona and WB3000
    ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS61_installer ). Is it safe to update through Nintendo? I am willing to lose homebrew, but not the chip. Thanks in advance!

2. caster62003

Member caster62003 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just use one of the, 10 or 20 guides that are plastered all over the internet, and here as well to update to 4.2, it is very quick, they break everything down to Barney level, and they have all the dl links listed right there, or if they need to, they have specialized email addresses for any anything that they cannot host on that site. An it also takes just as long doing it this way, than it is waiting for Nintendo update get dled then for the install. You also get the satisfaction of doing something yourself.

3. cuamoose
    OP

Newcomer cuamoose Member

United States
    Well, thanks... but I meant a simple yes or no. I don't need the satisfaction of doing something myself. All I need is the satisfaction of it getting done.

4. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    However you update to 4.2, you will lose the ability to play out of region games through the disc channel.
    There are ways to hack it afterwards, or you can run them through a region free loader (either through hbc or a channel).

5. cuamoose
    OP

Newcomer cuamoose Member

United States
    I don't play out of region games, so I don't mind. But is that a yes, I can update without a brick?

Can no one help me? [​IMG] [​IMG]