Hacking 4,2 system menu

pyromover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i was in dopmii not sure what the hell i even did but i went to load the system menu and it black screened me now im
pretty well screwed i think because preloader isnt coming up at all. Had boot mii installed as an ios and i was running a system menu4.2u. Kinda scrathing my head at this point not sure what i even did wrong. hopefully some advice on maybe how to recover if not ill go buy a new one lol

pyromover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was the latest gop mii version i was in the ios part i think i may have deleted an ios but im not sure the wii will power up gets on flashing blue light then black screen

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's kinda strange. IOS are pretty important parts of your wii, but only removing IOS70 will cause the system menu to not run anymore (for 4.2, that is). However, updating the system menu may also cause it (4.3 runs on IOS80, so if you don't have that one, things get messy as well) and updating IOS70 to the latest version (which is a stub) as well.

The reason I say it is strange is not because dop-mii allows you to do all these things, but because it has plenty of warnings that pop up if you try to fuck up your wii. Did you really managed to do all sorts of things that caused all sorts of "Are you sure you want to do this?" to pop up and answer "yes" to those questions without knowing what you did?

In any case...try to start the wii while holding down the reset button. If that still doesn't cause preloader (or priiloader? Preloader has been outdated for YEARS) to start, try to find out if you can get bootmii to start (make sure you have the SD:\bootmii folder with the correct files in it). I admit I don't know if that procedure works if you have bootmii as an IOS, but it's worth the shot.

But for future references: dop-mii isn't the sort of program you just mess around in if you don't know what you're doing.

pyromover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks man ill try the boot mii again and in the future i wont even have dop mii on my wii im not even sure what it was i really did wrong

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how people can randomly install, update, or delete an ios and not even be sure which one it was. Be honest, you either updated all your ios, or in the least updated ios70, or you deleted ios70. Either way you probably killed your wii good and proper. If your lucky you have a nand backup handy, then you could give deadlyfoez some of your $$$ and have him fix it for you.

What exactly did you think was going to happen to your wii when you decided to dick with your ios?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
I don't understand how people can randomly install, update, or delete an ios and not even be sure which one it was. Be honest, you either updated all your ios, or in the least updated ios70, or you deleted ios70. Either way you probably killed your wii good and proper. If your lucky you have a nand backup handy, then you could give deadlyfoez some of your $$$ and have him fix it for you.

What exactly did you think was going to happen to your wii when you decided to dick with your ios?
Good ol' Mauifrog.

Anyway, did it work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad