4.2 Softmod - System Files Are Corrupt?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by K.Wall.24, Dec 29, 2009.

Dec 29, 2009
  1. K.Wall.24
    OP

Member K.Wall.24 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Okay, I have a wii that I got in late 2007, it's got 4.2U, and had both twilight hack and bannerbomb. Currently, I've got the HBC, USB-Loader GX, WiiFlow, and NeoGamma R8. I have recently started getting an error message o bootup. Once I hit the 'A' button to get past the health screen, it will say, and only ever few boots, 'The System files are corrupt. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual' or something like that. As previously said, it will only give me that message every so often. It might show that two times in a row, or have 5 startup processes in between. How can I fix this easily. If I have to send it back to nintendo, my warranty is gone, so I cant do that. I will format the wii memory if necessary...

2. TheNewbPleaser

Member TheNewbPleaser GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    do NOT think of FORMATTING the system memory thats STUPID...

since your on 4.2 DOWNLOAD ios 70 with NusDownloader and also download system menu 481U and install with WadManager that should fix it..

EDIT::

REMEMBER BOOTMII AS BOOT2 IS A MUST WHEN DOING THIS THINGS BUT ITS ALMOST 100% SAFE TO DO IT WITHOUT IT BUT ITS JUST IN CASE [​IMG]

3. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Can't be more stupid than un-installing it. [​IMG]

4. TheNewbPleaser

Member TheNewbPleaser GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    Lol [​IMG] i cant belive people delete system menu its like i delete my windows/system32 from my PC will it still work??

5. K.Wall.24
    OP

Canada
    okay, thanks guys, i'll try that. I had just asked about formatting the system menu because it seems like a safe way to make my wii a virgin wii again, and possibly fix the problem. But I won't do that now. I will try doing this stuff and will let you know the results...

6. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    whatever you have IOS, it will be still there. It will only reformat to DELETE channels and not CIOS

7. wadzinsky

Newcomer wadzinsky Advanced Member

United States
    Formatting won't get make your Wii a virgin again. (it won't delete your system files.) It will only delete your saved games, Mii's, and possibly other files. But it won't delete your system files considering it needs them to boot. If it got rid of your system files, you'd be left with a brick.

8. K.Wall.24
    OP

Canada
    Well, I used NUSD, got IOS 70 and System Menu 481 for 4.2U from NUSD, and installed them. For IOS 70, which I installed first, it went fine on WADManager 1.5 running cIOS 249. Then, when I tried to install the System Menu wad, it gave me the error ret -1022. But, everything seems to be working fine regardless.

THANK YOU!