4.1J with Shop Channel USA

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kindaichi, Feb 4, 2010.

Feb 4, 2010

4.1J with Shop Channel USA by kindaichi at 2:20 AM (843 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. kindaichi
    OP

Newcomer kindaichi Member

Hi,
    I have a 4.1J and want to install the Shop Channel USA.
    So, if i install the IOS61+ShopChannel update it will work? ( I try to use Anyregionchanger to ONLY change my ShopChannel but it didn't work).
    thanks

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yes. You need IOS61 v5405 and shop v18. Install with DOP-IOS MOD or use NUS Downloader+Wad Manager.

Note that the shop region itself cannot be changed properly anymore, so the shop likely won't work properly if at all. If that happens reinstall a JAP shop and change the setting back with ARC.

3. kindaichi
    OP

Newcomer kindaichi Member

but if i install the IOS61+shochannel, it will install the JAP shopchannel or the USA shop channel???
    i didn't understand with version i would get...

4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    DOP-IOS MOD should let you choose which one.

Just note that a USA or PAL shop is extremely unlikely to work. A wii is typically stuck with whatever shop it first connects to, which in your case is likely the JAP one. It's been that way since they released an update quite a while back.

Why do you want the USA shop anyway? Japan and PAL get all the cool channels. We have Wiiware and VCs, but you can just download WADs if you want the US content.

5. canli

Member canli GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    hi, i wish so to have the minna no nintendo channel jp but didn't found the wad by google searchh