Hacking 4.1e Wii update.

Tal Lavi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello, I just got an old Wii that is on version 4.1e, the guy who gave it to me told me he formatted it before handing it over, the Wii is modded, I just dunno how.
I do know that if hold the Reset button on start up it brings me to the mod menu.

How do I go about updating it to 4.3 and installing the apps that will let me run games of a USB on it?

I saw so many guides on the internet, they are all long and complicated and cover so much useless info, is there a good guide on how to update a 4.1 modded Wii to 4.3?

Right now the Wii itself is after being formatted.

D

Deleted User

you just wanna update? go to settings channel and update...
on the latest 4.3 you can install the mods again if you'll need to... its very simple...

Tal Lavi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I tried, it gives me an error 32004.
Someone told me that it is because the mod has something that stops me from updating so it wont get bricked.

And that I can try and cancel it from the mod menu and update, but it might brick my Wii.

Is that true?

Tal Lavi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Just to clarify (and if someone can help me make sure this is the case), my Wii right now is softmoded on 4.1 with nothing installed.

Because it got modded and then formatted, the mod itself isnt formatted but all the programs installed (it had wiiflow and usb loader I think).

So, what should my next step be?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify (and if someone can help me make sure this is the case), my Wii right now is softmoded on 4.1 with nothing installed.

Because it got modded and then formatted, the mod itself isnt formatted but all the programs installed (it had wiiflow and usb loader I think).

So, what should my next step be?

You could try installing HBC, with Priiloader, and Bootmii, and do a SysCheck on your Wii to see what is wrong with it. SysCheck will show you all current problems currently in your Wii IOS Files.

Either there is a problem with the Wii it's self, or the Wii has a mod on it which prevents it from updating.

By "holding reset" what menu are you getting. Bootmii, or Priiloader?

Tal Lavi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ijust saw a thread of someone with the same issue, they told him to download ModMii and follow the instructions, because it installs the HBC all over again even if you have an older version.

So I downloaded it, followed the instructions but now it just freezes up when I try to install the Hackmii.

I go to Wii -> Data Management -> Channels -> SD -> Install and it freezes in the warning screen (If you payed you have been scammed).

If I try to go to SD it also freezes.

Is there a way to install it from the mod menu (Holding reset while starting up).

Tal Lavi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
OK, apparently I was mistaken!
I do not have the HBC, and for some reason I cannot install the HBC via my SD card (it keeps freezing in the warning screen).
A quick internet search showed me that I might have an issue with my IOS (I have no idea what that means) and I have no idea how to fix it without a HBC.

If anyone knows of a way to fix this?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, apparently I was mistaken!
I do not have the HBC, and for some reason I cannot install the HBC via my SD card (it keeps freezing in the warning screen).
A quick internet search showed me that I might have an issue with my IOS (I have no idea what that means) and I have no idea how to fix it without a HBC.

If anyone knows of a way to fix this?

Nothing can really be done. By holding reset you should be able to get into Bootmii, or Priiloader. Do you have any of those applications installed on the Wii? If so there is a way you will be able to recover the Wii.

However you will need the previous NAND Backup the original owner had.

Also do not use ModMii, use Letterbomb for installing HBC. If you have the HBC Channel already present on your Wii then you can go into Bootmii, and fix your NAND.

Edit: In the case you have either one installed you can try holding reset for atleast 10 seconds while the Wii is on. From there you will either be in Bootmii, or Priiloader,

Bootmii Method:
Hold reset on your Wii minimum 10 seconds.
Press power on your Wii (Select)
And reset (Enter)

If the Homebrew Channel works you are golden

Priiloader Method:
Hold reset on your Wii minimum 10 seconds
Navigate to Homebrew Channel using the Wii Remote

If it works your golden

If none of the following methods have worked there is legitimately no way to recover your Wii since Bootmii, and Priiloader are not installed. SaveMii Dongle will not work either since your Wii is incapable of running HBC, or Bootmii.

Also how is it freezeing the warning screen is supposed to be on minimum of 5 minutes before you have the option to bypass it.

Last edited by petethepug,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend you remove Priiloader using the installer, update your Wii, then re-hack it if necessary by using http://please.hackmii.com

The reason I recommend removing Priiloader first is that it actually replaces the main app file for the system menu and if it's there it's possible the update could fail. You should reinstall it afterwards if you can't install BootMii as boot2.

petethepug's instructions not only don't make sense but could end up really bricking your Wii.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend you remove Priiloader using the installer, update your Wii, then re-hack it if necessary by using http://please.hackmii.com

The reason I recommend removing Priiloader first is that it actually replaces the main app file for the system menu and if it's there it's possible the update could fail. You should reinstall it afterwards if you can't install BootMii as boot2.

petethepug's instructions not only don't make sense but could end up really bricking your Wii.

^^^
Don't always rely on me.
Would highly recommend it when messing with IOS stuff.

He said he had HBC installed without the Wii Channel. Since he can't even access, or reinstall HBC it would be impossible to restore it to normal unless Bootmii was a boot2.

I also will admit, I don't use HackMii, I used the Letter Bomb Method to install HBC.
If he can acsess bootmii, or priiloader by holding reset that will potentially, and hopefully get him into the Homebrew Channel if its still in the Wii. I'm not saying people should rely on this information...

If HBC also cannot be re-installed and he already tried using ModMii, I don't see how removing Priiloader will work apart from potentially allowing the update to proceed in a rare chance it may, or will not brick his wii.

Sooo...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1