julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok So i fixed all the problems on my wii
its 4.1e and plays my backups
i have cioscorp 3.4 and Custom IOS38 rev 14
However when i updated to 4.1 preloader uninstalled and when i install it now it restarts and the wii says The System files are are corrupt
I would be cool with not having preloader in 4.1 if my freaking bootmii started when i turn on the wii

Has anyone gone through the redundant part or had a bootmii install successfully without it starting up automatically

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not totally sure, but I think you have to now reinstall CIOSCorp (it has something to do with the IOS that preloader uses). I believe that will fix the problem.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reinstalling preloader .29 will get rid of that message.

The reason this happened is because you had preloader installed and then installed a patched ios60 which preloader also uses.If your going to patch ios60 it needs to be done before installing preloader otherwise you get the system menu corrupt message.Just reinstall preloader and you will be fine.

As for bootmii automatically starting up everytime.Its supposed to do that.As long as the card is in the wii that has the bootmii folder on it then it is going to start first.Change the name of the bootmii folder to bootmii1 or something else and it won't automatically start anymore.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can set autoboot settings for bootmii
i've set it to autoboot to system menu (well but acutally preloader is there) after 1 second
so now I only see the bootmii menu for 1 second and unless I press a button, it will disappear

julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:

The reason this happened is because you had preloader installed and then installed a patched ios60 which preloader also uses.If your going to patch ios60 it needs to be done before installing preloader otherwise you get the system menu corrupt message.Just reinstall preloader and you will be fine.

As for bootmii automatically starting up everytime.Its supposed to do that.As long as the card is in the wii that has the bootmii folder on it then it is going to start first.Change the name of the bootmii folder to bootmii1 or something else and it won't automatically start anymore.

Yeah thanks ill try that but what i ment was i got a successfull install on bootmii but it does not show up when i turn my wii on. the only way to access it is through homebrew

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
julz1 said:
icpmattj said:

Yeah thanks ill try that but what i ment was i got a successfull install on bootmii but it does not show up when i turn my wii on. the only way to access it is through homebrew

If you only installed bootmii as an IOS, it won't boot at the start, only the IOS version boots from the HBC so you for sure installed that version if you can load it from there. You need to install it to boot2 if you want any brick protection from it. If your Wii is bought anytime after around mid 2008ish, your Wii is too new to be able to install to boot2 and bootmii won't help you in terms of bricks as it stands now.

julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If you only installed bootmii as an IOS, it won't boot at the start, only the IOS version boots from the HBC so you for sure installed that version if you can load it from there. You need to install it to boot2 if you want any brick protection from it. If your Wii is bought anytime after around mid 2008ish, your Wii is too new to be able to install to boot2 and bootmii won't help you in terms of bricks as it stands now.

ah thanks for that so that pretty much assures that i need preloader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte