chocoboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem.

I have a bought a switch that was 4.1fw, I have upgraded to 5.1 and used it with some NSP ( offline only to not get banned )

Before 6.0 release, I will probably restore my backup but ... I can not remember if it was on 4.1 or 5.1 when I backuped ...

Since the upgrade burned at least 1 fuse, I will probably brick while restoring my nand, any idea / solution ?

Thank you for reading this =)

Reactions: Gungerino

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you upgrade using legit official methods or did you use the modified upgrade process with autoRCM enabled to avoid burning fuses?

Reactions: -----a

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you upgraded online or went online after upgrading you can not go online after downgrading with your backup.
You can however (if you were offline all the time) downgrade, start with hekate, upgrade again and have a clean 5.1 console.

Im not sure, but upgrading should leave a report and thus make it traceable exactly when you upgraded... If you "reupgrade" a downgraded nand there would be 2 reports of you upgrading from 4.1 on nintendos servers (if you went online)

Last edited by Resaec,

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by shchmue,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since hekate can boot stock FW as well your fuses are completely irrelevant as long as you use RCM + hekate for booting, no matter which FW with which fuse state you use.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the one! :D if it's older, you can boot to CFW to avoid the fuse mismatch and update with ChoiDujourNX. if you go that route, grab your System:/Contents folder first so you don't have to find the update files elsewhere.
you clever girl, again nice work on this

chocoboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have upgraded online using normal way, so I might partialy fucked.

I have go online while being 4.1 and 5.1 ( download few démo for LayeredFS ).

I will check backup version when I will have time.

Btw if I understand right, I can boot 4.1 using hekate even if I have too many burned fuse

Thank you everyone for your answers

Last edited by chocoboss,

issayloki

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So this mean if I have nand backup of 4.0.1 then do normal online update to 5.1, then I can just restore my 4.1 nand to go back to 4.1 with autorcm?. Thank you guys

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this mean if I have nand backup of 4.0.1 then do normal online update to 5.1, then I can just restore my 4.1 nand to go back to 4.1 with autorcm?. Thank you guys
Yes but there's no added benefits of running 4.1 if you burnt fuses updating to 5.1 since you must use RCM in order to load 4.1 but you can just boot 5.1 without RCM.

Reactions: issayloki

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok now I'm confused. You guys are telling me despite burning a fuse updating to 5.1.0 completely officially. I could just use Hekate to load my 4.1.0 backup (in which could lead to making it easier to exploit later for overwriting with say Atmosphere)? or would it flat out just not work. I do have a 4.1.0 and a 5.1.0 backup. (Also I know that's not possible right now, I'm talking for futures sake).

Last edited by Ian095,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok now I'm confused. You guys are telling me despite burning a fuse updating to 5.1.0 completely officially. I could just use Hekate to load my 4.1.0 backup (in which could lead to making it easier to exploit later for overwriting with say Atmosphere)? or would it flat out just not work. I do have a 4.1.0 and a 5.1.0 backup.
The reason why we can update without burning fuses is because we can bypass the fuse check via RCM and a substitute bootloader. This is very useful for people to load higher firmwares, but useless for people to load lower firmwares. You would only downgrade if you can boot the firmware without RCM. Otherwise, you're giving yourself more work for no added benefit.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The reason why we can update without burning fuses is because we can bypass the fuse check via RCM and a substitute bootloader. This is very useful for people to load higher firmwares, but useless for people to load lower firmwares. You would only downgrade if you can boot the firmware without RCM. Otherwise, you're giving yourself more work for no added benefit.

Yeah makes sense, I'm guessing CFW will never truly overwrite Horizon OS itself then? If that were ever the case then that's what I was kinda aiming at, otherwise yeah it is pointless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: