4.0u wii to 4.1u is it possible...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hawkus1, Oct 2, 2009.

1. hawkus1
    OP

hawkus1 Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2009
    United States
    I have a 4.0u wii softmodded with HBC channel and neo gamma 7 channel , did the update to HBC to v. 1.0.5 and installed bootmii (made a nand backup) and dvdx from the new hackmii installer. I missed the update to 4.1u and was wondering if its still possible to get to 4.1u (or is it even neccessary to do so???).

The reason why I ask is I cant view the new nintendo shop channel without updating (p.s. can i update just the shop channel?) , and im worried that if I get wii sports resort ill need the updates for motion + (p.s.s. can i also just update in some way to add wii motion +?). A guide or link to a guide would help here a lot.

thanks in advance for your help (or guides i might have missed explaining all this before ...)
    hawkus1

2. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    just use 4.2 shop installer or wii system channel updater

3. antonkan

antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 13, 2009
    Canada
    Burlington, ON
  4. hawkus1
    OP

hawkus1 Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2009
    United States
    i might go with the wii shop 4.2 installer but what about wii motion + or is that covered in the firmware downgrader mod ( and would this be an upgrade in this case 4.0u to 4.1u)?

EDIT: went with wii shop 4.2 installer and upgraded sysmenu with waninkoko's 4.1 firmware thanks for the help longtom and antonkan (havent tested the wii motion + plus to confirm if this is working or not but all else seems well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice