4.0u wii to 4.1u is it possible...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hawkus1, Oct 2, 2009.

Oct 2, 2009
  1. hawkus1
    OP

Newcomer hawkus1 Member

United States
    I have a 4.0u wii softmodded with HBC channel and neo gamma 7 channel , did the update to HBC to v. 1.0.5 and installed bootmii (made a nand backup) and dvdx from the new hackmii installer. I missed the update to 4.1u and was wondering if its still possible to get to 4.1u (or is it even neccessary to do so???).

The reason why I ask is I cant view the new nintendo shop channel without updating (p.s. can i update just the shop channel?) , and im worried that if I get wii sports resort ill need the updates for motion + (p.s.s. can i also just update in some way to add wii motion +?). A guide or link to a guide would help here a lot.

thanks in advance for your help (or guides i might have missed explaining all this before ...)
    hawkus1

2. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    just use 4.2 shop installer or wii system channel updater

3. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
  4. hawkus1
    OP

Newcomer hawkus1 Member

United States
    i might go with the wii shop 4.2 installer but what about wii motion + or is that covered in the firmware downgrader mod ( and would this be an upgrade in this case 4.0u to 4.1u)?

EDIT: went with wii shop 4.2 installer and upgraded sysmenu with waninkoko's 4.1 firmware thanks for the help longtom and antonkan (havent tested the wii motion + plus to confirm if this is working or not but all else seems well.