Hacking 4.0U problem

sord_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a wii with wiikey and 4.0U softmod. When i returned to the wii menu from playing a game the inserted disc is not loaded in the disc channel (there isn't a banner of the game) and the disc is just spinning. When i try to open another channel like homebrew or anything else the screen goes black and...that is! I've got to press the power button for a few secs to do a hard reset and after that everythink works fine again. But it is goddamn annoying! This problem occurs near every time i return to the wii menu from playing a game! Can someone help me?

sord_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Do you have either of the cIOS rev 13's installed? I believe that's just a bug with those.

I may have it...I followed some guide called v8.0 ultimate mod tutorial, a friend sent me the full packet. If the problem is with cIOS from rev 13, how to know which cIOS and how to remove it ?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just install an earlier revision over it rev10 is pretty stable but if you need to use other usb peripherals they will stop working. rev12 should work as well although if you are going to use a usb loader the speed on that rev is a lot slower than other rev's. Just find the cIOS rev12 installer and rename the .dol to boot.dol and run it like a normal app through the HBC and select IOS249 to use and do a network installation.

sord_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you very much, i'll try it later!
smile.gif
btw i forgot to say that i've applied all the patches to system menu 4.0 (like moving the disc channel, blocking updates etc....) can this be a problem too ? and how ti disable it....the homebrew application allows me only to enable these patches.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about preloader/Startpatch hacks or something? Those shouldn't be a problem and you shouldn't need to remove them, but I think to do so you may need to use NANDclean or something. (Just leave them).

sord_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Are you talking about preloader/Startpatch hacks or something? Those shouldn't be a problem and you shouldn't need to remove them, but I think to do so you may need to use NANDclean or something. (Just leave them).

Yeah, the patches are very similiar to preloader/starpatch ones (maybe it's starpatch i can't remember right now). Okay, I'll find rev12 and install it. I installed rev13 again with a backup launcher from another packet and this doesn't solve the problem.

And a questin i want to ask from a long time: Is there a big difference between wad and internet installation of the cIOS? I choose wad installation because my wi-fi dongle isn't connected all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Same