Hacking 4.0U - NEED HELP PLEASE

PeterWeller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm new here. Sorry if this has been resolved or it's a stupid question:

I have a 4.0U Wii that I just bought. Following many different tutorials (I'm not sure which ones anymore) I used Banner Bomb, and eventually got the HBC installed. Since then, I cannot get anything to work.
There is soooo many answers out there but I cannot seem to find the right answer to my problem.

I just want to be able to load backups. I have read you have to downgrade to 3.2, but using a cIOS downgrader I downloaded, it just resets the console. I try to install WADs and I get a "ERROR (ret = -2011)"

I THINK I installed cIOS_rev9. Maybe I need to upgrade to 10? Although I'm not even sure I got 9 installed right.

Like I said I am new here and to Wii modding, but I am not without experience in doing things like this. Any help or pointers would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Maybe I can reformat and start over with a GOOD tutorial? How can I tell if/what cIOS is installed?

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all depends on your serial number. If it's lu64 and up it's a new console and has been said to brick, so first make sure your serial number isn't lu64 and up.

PeterWeller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
It all depends on your serial number. If it's lu64 and up it's a new console and has been said to brick, so first make sure your serial number isn't lu64 and up.

It starts with LU32 so I don't think I've bricked it.

PeterWeller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys I got it.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...