Hacking 4.0e to 3.2e

jockers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
used the softmod guide but my burned games wont play , not even boot at all ,i know the discs are ok as i have a chipped wii upstairs and they work fine so what exactly do i need to boot my burned discs , i have also installed starfall only to block disc updates , so can you guys tell me what i need to play the games for example , what ios i need installed what programs i need , if you could tell me everything i need and setting and stuff then i will go hunt em down and install it , i must be doing something wrong or have stuff missing that i need ,cheers ma deers !

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The first place to start is to follow one of the many guides on this forum. There are loads of them that show you how to hack your Wii step by step and also how to get backup loaders working. I'd suggest taking time to read them and start over from scratch.

Out of curiousity what made you downgrade to 3.2? You can update to 4.0 and 4.1 while keeping the trucha bug and also gaining other features.

jockers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i went back to 3.2 because starfall can only be used on 3.2 and i was gonna use that to block disc updates , i didnt know there was all different ways of doing it i will go and have a look

p.s dont even know what trucha is lol can i still use burned discs on 4.1 or 4.0 then ? dont wantto use usb

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No point staying on 3.2 for starfall. Preloader 0.29 can block disk updates and works on 4.1 once you get rhe right hack.ini file. You can also install bootmii and use that to backup your NAND. With those two installed, it adds protection against bricks.

Personally I used this guide, but there are loads others. Choose whichever one seems best.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jockers said:
p.s dont even know what trucha is lol can i still use burned discs on 4.1 or 4.0 then ? dont wantto use usb
I think you should read the post from Edhel again.

You can find something about Trucha and a Trucha Bug Restorer. Also you can find a backup loader that loads from dvd, preloader to block updates and much more.
All you need is here at gbatemp!

If you start at this thread you have a good base:

Edit:
Sorry, i was slower than Edhel.
wink.gif

jockers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so how can i start from scratch again , i.e the wii was on 4.0e with nothing installed at all, now i have installed all these ios `s and stuff what is my best option to start from the start again , i.e if i delete the channels that i have installed does this wipe starfall and ios`s and the stuff that i have put in my wii whilst trying to downgrade using the softmod guide ?

im on 3.2e at the moment

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you have starfall, load it and uninstall all hacks
Then I would update to 4.1 (officially) and follow the guide Edhel posted, but skip steps 9-11

although starfall doesn't work on 4.1, you will get its replacer called preloader. It will also give you the sys menu hacks starfall has. You can play backups on 4.1 if you use the guide.

jockers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so just load load starfall and uninstall hacks , is that it ? what about al the ios and stuff that ive installed is it fine to update to 4.1 after ive unistalled hacks , i take it tdosent matter about anything else i have installed i.e ios and cios and stuff like that

jockers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No point staying on 3.2 for starfall. Preloader 0.29 can block disk updates and works on 4.1 once you get rhe right hack.ini file. You can also install bootmii and use that to backup your NAND. With those two installed, it adds protection against bricks.

Personally I used this guide, but there are loads others. Choose whichever one seems best.

--------------------

excellent people , i have now moved forward with my life and i officially updated to 4.1 through nintendo and then follwed Edhel`s link above , which was brilliant, excellent infact , im so happy , my back ups are now loading from the back up launcher that comes with homebrew (installed as a channel)
i got some more questions now if you could help me out i would appreciate it , i cant believe im running 4.1e WOW gone are the dark ages lol , ok anyhows heres my questions

1. when i insert original discs and also back up discs they show nothing at all in the disc channel ( but will both load from the installed back up launcher channel ) is there a way to get these games to load from disc channel ?
i noticed on the same page that the link is for that it mentions cioscorp but does this work for both originals and back ups ? or is there a way that it can be done
p.s i must add that i have no modchip installed , i have only done the steps 1- 14 of the softmod installation from Edhel`s link , any pointers/help would be great on this 1st question

2. when preloader starts i cannot find the (block disc updates) option , i found the (stop disc) option but i dont think its that so where exactly is the (block disc updates) option

hope you can help , im so excited now, WOW i managed to come out of the dark ages, terrific !!!

cheers all

jockers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

--------------------

excellent people , i have now moved forward with my life and i officially updated to 4.1 through nintendo and then follwed Edhel`s link above , which was brilliant, excellent infact , im so happy , my back ups are now loading from the back up launcher that comes with homebrew (installed as a channel)
i got some more questions now if you could help me out i would appreciate it , i cant believe im running 4.1e WOW gone are the dark ages lol , ok anyhows heres my questions

1. when i insert original discs and also back up discs they show nothing at all in the disc channel ( but will both load from the installed back up launcher channel ) is there a way to get these games to load from disc channel ?
i noticed on the same page that the link is for that it mentions cioscorp but does this work for both originals and back ups ? or is there a way that it can be done
p.s i must add that i have no modchip installed , i have only done the steps 1- 14 of the softmod installation from Edhel`s link , any pointers/help would be great on this 1st question

2. when preloader starts i cannot find the (block disc updates) option , i found the (stop disc) option but i dont think its that so where exactly is the (block disc updates) option

hope you can help , im so excited now, WOW i managed to come out of the dark ages, terrific !!!

cheers all

jockers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
actually i have been that used to staying on 3.2 that i used starfall to block updates but now that i am on this 4.1e through Edhals guide , do i need to block updates anymore or should i use block updates anyway , does everyone else on 4.1e use it ?

p.s also do i need to leave the sd card in the wii now ?

striker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jockers said:
actually i have been that used to staying on 3.2 that i used starfall to block updates but now that i am on this 4.1e through Edhals guide , do i need to block updates anymore or should i use block updates anyway , does everyone else on 4.1e use it ?

p.s also do i need to leave the sd card in the wii now ?

Like tanis698 said above, get the latest 4.1 hacks.ini for your region. And you won't need the sd card in the wii after applying the hacks.

jockers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nice 1 , cheers for that ! what about these questions.....

p.s i must add that i have no modchip installed , i have only done the steps 1- 14 of the softmod installation from Edhel`s link , any pointers/help would be great

2. what disc loader do you guys think is best ? im just using the 1 that comes with installing the homebrew channel and softmod, i dont really want to use a disc loader hence the question above , cheers

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
The successor to starfall is startpatch and is available for 4.0 and 4.1 its all the same hacks as starfall and a few more without the nuisances of preloader. I suggest giving that a look and yes you should still block disc updates in 4.1

And no hacks.ini are required just run it same as starfall and click the patches you want to on

jockers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right ok mate , sounds promising , only thing is i have preloader installed at the moment, i have heard that starpatch and preloader have problems working together and now that i have preloader installed im a bit scared of removing it to install starpatch, so with that in mind , i have the hacks.ini file that came with Edhals guide on the root of my memory card and when i boot my wii and preloader comes on- i goto

Systemmenu Hacks

and recieve the following error

hacks for your systemmenu version (V450) were foundno ?
in the bottom left it says IOSv60 Sytemmenu v450 and in the bottom right it says preloaderv0.29

why can i not load the hacks ?

also

1. when i insert original discs i can see the game on the disc channel butback up discs show nothing at all in the disc channel ( but will load from the installed back up launcher channel ) is there a way to get the back up games to load from disc channel ?
p.s i must add that i have no modchip installed , i have only done the steps 1- 14 of the softmod installation from Edhel`s link

jockers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

i used this to softmod i didnt do the cioscorp bit at the end but im getting the dreaded 002 error when trying to load sports resort , ive seen some fixes for it but they look so long winded and complicated and i can never find the files anywhere , i was wondering if i bought the original game would it still give me the 002 error ? also couls some1 point me in the direction of the download i need to fix this error , is there a pack specific just for this error ? instead of hunting around trying to find different files ? plz help a very frustrated wii person :-( ta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk