Hacking 4.0 update(quick question)

fakerbaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i currently downgraded my wii and m8s to 3.2 and have installed homebrew channel,starfall etc and was wondering would updatin to 4.0 be worth it ie make all necessary files needed to run games be brought up to date without havein to manually add them in?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well It would be worth it in many ways....... A large number of people have been updating to 4.0...... However it's not advised that you use the wii menu update option to do so.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@hells guardian...

are you kidding? lol the official system menu update is the safest way by far!

so long as you have cIOS installed you can get everything back to pretty much the exact same way it was but including the SD card menu!

you'll have to install all of cIOSCORP if you want to play games through the disc channel, then install preloader, (better than starfall IMO) which patches IOS60 (cIOSCORP does that anyways...) so you can play unofficial wads from your SD menu and away you go!

best thing (wii wise) i've ever done
smile.gif

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Indeed i do somewhere, let me find it and i'll PM you. are you on 4.0E right now?

if so, do you have cIOS installed? as in one that will remain on your wii when you update (mine was cIOS_r7)

if so thats all you need
wink.gif
i'll instruct you in the PM.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that... All upgraded and installed... Working great and now disc channel and USB loader works.. I have preloader .29 installed and unfortunately it wont let me move my disc channel now... Hopefully this will be fixed sometime..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1