Hacking 4.0 to 4.2 with modchip

moonknight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know there's a sticky that shows you how to modify any Wii 4.2 or below, but I'm not sure if it applies to me. I'm guessing that guide is for people who only does softmods? Well, I have a modchip (D2Ckey) installed and already have Homebrew Channel. What's the best way for me to update from 4.0U to 4.2U? Also, is it worth updating? I want to update because some channels aren't working, like the Nintendo Channel. Please let me know guys. Thanks

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
God damn.

Ok look do this. Follow the modify any wii guide sticky. Then follow the part of the guide that says 4.2 to 4.1

That will leave you with the newest IOS versions, cIOS 202,222,223, 249 and 250.

But staying on 4.1 will allow your modchip to keep working

moonknight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dai-a said:
God damn.

Ok look do this. Follow the modify any wii guide sticky. Then follow the part of the guide that says 4.2 to 4.1

That will leave you with the newest IOS versions, cIOS 202,222,223, 249 and 250.

But staying on 4.1 will allow your modchip to keep working

... god damn what??? ... why should I follow the guide that says 4.2 to 4.1 if I'm on 4.0..

QUOTE(DeadlyFoez @ Nov 13 2009, 08:37 PM) With 4.0 there is a glitch that if you play a virtual console game and then play wii sports resort it would cause you to have to watch the video of how to use the wii motion plus dongle. Just a minor glitch, but the fix is in 4.1, and thats the only difference between 4.0 and 4.1. But you are best just going to 4.1 and staying there for a while.

Okay I think I should upgrade to 4.1U then. But like I said before, I already have a modchip. So which guide should I follow to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1? The Nintendo Channel will work on 4.1 right?

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Because there are so many posts asking this subject.

You should try to search next time.

I'm telling you to update to 4.2 via nintendo then follow the modify any wii guide to re softmod 4.2. Then follow that part of the guide to downgrade to 4.1

moonknight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uhhh I did do a search and if you read my first post you'll know that I'm aware of the guide on the sticky. My question is... does it apply to me if I already have a modchip installed. I wasn't sure if that guide was only for softmodders or not. So at least read my first post before you get pissed off at every newbie that comes along..

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well if you really did search, then you would have found your answer. I've seen more than 10 topics asking what to do if you have a modchip.

I'm not mad, I'm just irritated that no one knows how to search.

It does apply to you.

If you were to read the guide here : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

It clearly states

This will work on any Wii.
except korean Wiis.

This guide accomplishes the following:
1] Updates your wii to the latest firmware.
2] Installs the Homebrew Channel, Bootmii, & DVDX onto your wii.
3] Enables the trucha bug your Wii for homebrew to operate correctly.
4] Installs custom IOS 202 [USB 2.0 support], 222 & 223 [Hermes v4], 249 & 250 [Waninkoko rev14] to your wii.
5] Allows your Wii to play Wii backups through a backup loader, directly from the disc channel, &/or via usb.
6] Play Wiiware & Virtual Console games off the sd card menu.

moonknight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
k, I appreciate you helping me out. I'm going to go ahead and try that guide. One last thing before I attempt it. So I should downgrade to 4.1 after I upgrade to 4.2 right? That's what I'm reading everywhere. But if I decide to just stay on 4.2, what can go wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse