4.0 hack, sorry if this seems reduntant...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by g0d0fbiscuts, May 25, 2009.

May 25, 2009
  1. g0d0fbiscuts
    OP

Newcomer g0d0fbiscuts Newbie

United States
    I just came from a con where one of the vendors was telling me about the 4.0 hack of homebrew and convinced me to get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom(cause it looks pretty awesome). I updated to 4.0 when the update came out, didn't think i would bother with homebrew. I can't seem to find it and combing thru month old threads find me nothing so i'm just asking flat out. Is there a hack for firmware 4.0 for virgin wii console? if its out if someone could link me to it, if not i'll just assume i got conned at the con and try to catch news of a hack later on.

side note, just realized when i posted i mispelt redundant. lets not make a topic about it

2. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    use bannerbomb to load the new hackmii installer it's real easy. There are tons of threads herefor it

3. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Bannerbomb will do the trick fine

4. g0d0fbiscuts
    OP

United States
    saw another board that said bannerbomb can brick the system. it did note the LU64 serials to have the issue. mines older, but still i don't wanna lose my wii. it was the only system i wanted before it came out.

5. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Anything could brick your system if your not careful. I just used bannerbomb yesterday on a 4.0 virgin wii with no problem. It's your only option as of now.

6. g0d0fbiscuts
    OP

United States
    thanks for the speedy replies. now i just need to figure out what the hell is wrong with my sd card reader. i wonder if i can use my ps3 instead...