3rd party batteries?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by HDW, Jul 10, 2007.

Jul 10, 2007

3rd party batteries? by HDW at 9:50 PM (811 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. HDW
    OP

Newcomer HDW Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Are there any good third party batteries which last as long as the official ones or even longer? What size screwdriver should I use?

2. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    You can use the same screwdriver to undo the cover as you used for flashme. Usually the spare batteries should come with a screwdriver to open it. I've only had experience with GBA batteries. I got the logitech one and that lasts 30% longer than the original GBA one.

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Generally 3rd party batteries work inefficiently, so you may want to stick with the official one unless something has gone wrong with it

4. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i just bought one from dealextreme it came with a screw driver, it lasts about 3 hours while my old one lasted 4, (i had to replace my original, it was only lasting 1 hour fully charged, i left it out on the porch one day when i was using the outside charger, bad idea especially since im in california and this heat wave killed it).

5. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    wait..only 4 hours? was it at max light settings?

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I emailed Nintendo a while back asking if they were planning to release any longer life batteries (kind of like how Sony has the 2200maH gold one), but they said they have no current plans, and do not recommend you use 3rd party batteries (then again they don't recommend you do anything else except buy their games).