Hacking 3in1 with wood (R4) pokemon save not working

Aurasan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK.. so second time typing this. I have an R4 with wood and an EZ Flash 3in1 V.
Here's what my problem is:
Every save I make comes back as "corrupted or damaged"
My games are:
Pokemon Emerald
Leaf Green
Lightening Yellow
SkyFire
(the last 3 of which I don't want to even try to play until I can save)
Whats Happening:
I use gbata to patch my roms before putting them on my msd card. I boot up my DSL, and load up rudolph's GBA Exploader. I go to the place I have my gba roms stored and load up emerald. Great. The game works.. I get through the intro and save in the back of the truck. turn my DSL off then back on. Load the exploader and it says do I want to backup to sram. sure why not it never hurts to backup. load up pokemon emerald run game, load save.. game starts. I get to the main screen and it says my save file has been deleted due to corruption or damage and my battery is dead. (it isn't but w/e)
So I try the tool that lets you patch your gba rom to run as an nds rom.. just gotta hav the ezflash.. I load up pokemon and it says 1m circuit board not properly installed, then runs perfect. however it also can not save. no errors it just straight wont save.
blink.gif
plz help
Why the hell are the newer DS games so easy to play on an R4 but older gba games are just plain annoying? And forget about gameboy games.
I would LOVE to play Pokemon blue again...

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
RTC = Real Time Clock

It is hardware that the 3in1 lacks to increment the time for the game. A RTC patch cons the game into thinking there is one while the power is on. Games with RTC are mostly pokemon. The exceptions are pokemon red and leaf green (maybe).

1M (Megabit) = 128kb (kilobyte)
This is what your 1M error is, GBATA patch your save size to 64KB (512 Kilobit) instead of changing the type it also changed the size.

GBATA doesn't know how to patch 128k saves, even though it can detect them.

Use goomba color for GB/C games.

Aurasan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wub.gif

Love u guys
Gonna test test see whats up.. if I have any problems further I'll be back. Don't think I'll need to though.

Aurasan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what size do I patch the roms to (128k?) what save type (flash?) and do I add save patch? and reset? (before I hit send)
nevermind it works with skyfire. I'm happy.. thank you guys endlessly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aurasan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Try without patching first with gba exploader. If your save sticks and picks up where you left off, your done.

If it doesn't stick, you will need to use the EZ-Flash IV client to patch.
http://filetrip.net/f4753-EZ4-Client-2009-04-03.html
yeah that was the first thing I tried. No dice: didn't even run the games. Since you mentioned it the first time though I used EZ-Flash IV and it works great. I can play SkyFire and Lightning Yellow (both mods of FireRed) but for some reason I cant play Brown. *shrugs* They all were mods of the same initial rom so I dont understand; maybe Brown just messed with some trait of the rom a little too much. Not really important I have about 144 to 160 hours of play time ahead of me with just those two games.. nevermind the other 8 or so that should work (as they're unaltered). I probably wont get around to playing much though I have a life outside my DS.. and its been hectic laitely. All the same I appreciate the help for any spare time I might accumulate.
Thanks again!!!
Edit: how are you liking SC2? (considering all you get for camaign game play is a Terran and half a Protoss)

Aurasan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
working on multiplayer achievements at the moment, they take a while like the 250 co-op games you have to play as each race, etc.

My sig also has a link to my SC2 profile, if you want to thumb through it.
hmm.. perhaps.
Interesting how multiplayer is the only way for you to utilize all of the races in sc2, instead of the campaign. (I mean there are challenges but... geez.. lame)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y