3in1 stops being detected

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by ChinStrap, Jun 5, 2008.

Jun 5, 2008

3in1 stops being detected by ChinStrap at 3:54 PM (955 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. ChinStrap
    OP

Newcomer ChinStrap Newbie

United States
    Hi all,

Just got a 3in1 to go along with my R4. Last night, when I was first trying to use it, I got the latest version of GBA Exploader (0.57), and tried running an FFVI Advance backup on it by flashing it to NOR. It ran up to the new game screen fine, and so I quit out to change GBA to play on the bottom screen. When I went to load it again, exploader said it could not find a 3in1.

I let my DS charge overnight with the 3in1 in the slot, and this morning when I tried again, it got detected! I tried FF VI again, and started a new game. It froze up halfway through the intro screen, and when i rebooted my DS, Exploader once again said that it couldn't find my 3in1.

Like I said, using the latest Exploader (both DLDI patched and patched so the R4 won't auto re-patch), and using the latest R4 firmware (version 1.18). Any thoughts on what to try? Could it be a bad rom? Would that be enough to screw up the 3in1 to stop being detected? Or is it a bad 3in1?

Apologies if this has been answered before but I haven't seen this exact problem yet on the board.

2. SchuchWun

Member SchuchWun GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I haven't had any problems with my 3-in-1 nor with Exploader so it seems that it might just be a 3-in-1 problem. Does your DS recognize the Cart as a GBA game when you reboot it with out your R4?

3. ChinStrap
    OP

Newcomer ChinStrap Newbie

United States

It gives me the option to load a gba game, yes. It does the little "Gameboy Nintendo" intro animation, and then gives me a blank white screen and never progresses beyond that.

4. SchuchWun

Member SchuchWun GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Maybe just a Rom problem. Try something small at first and see if there are any issues both useing Exploader and "clean" loading a rom from the main DS screen. If you still have problems contact the shop you bought it ASAP.

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    you didn't load anything into nor mode, default first screen is the PSRAM mode.