4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From shaun's review on the eWin rumble pack, it has been concluded that the eWin rumble pack is superior to the DSL official rumble pack in all aspects, however how does the 3in1's rumble compare to these? If somebody has both, please input some feedback, as I'm looking to sell my m3lite perfect for a 3in1 since I need to make some money back for other things.

I've heard that the 3in1 rumble is loud, but also that it can be cured through taping the rumble to the case or something.

Thanks

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The eWin rumble pack is $6.95 shipped from dealextreme.com. Just get a 3-in-1 for your GBA needs, then get the eWin rumble pack if you don't like the rumble on the 3-in-1.

I personally hate the rumble on the 3-in-1. It's fairly loud if you don't have it set to the lowest intensity, but more importantly, it doesn't rumble, it buzzes. I find it rather unpleasant myself.

Edit: According to the GBAtemp EZ-V review, the 3-in-1 rumble is about the same as the official rumble pack, except the 3-in-1 has intensity settings.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The newer 3in1's seem to have the rumble motor secured much better than the review units/prototypes that were sent out initially. It still buzzes though.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I've had the eWin rumble pack before, and it's rumble is quite nice - it's quite similar to the rumble on a console controller - but obviously less intense.

I'm not particularly obsessed with having rumble (otherwise I wouldn't have bought an M3 Lite), but I'm keen on getting an EZ3in1 so I can get back a little money. The only reason I'm keeping the M3Lite Perfect right now is to hold DS games, but seeing as I already have over 45 DS games on my R4, I may not need it. Also the fact that R4 can't broadcast download play properly puts me off (even to flashed DS's).

From what I'm seeing, the development crew for the 3in1 is quite large, and it is worthwhile. If somebody could just answer this now quickly:

Using any of the good GBA loaders for the 3in1, are saves automatically backed up from the RAM (like for the M3 Lite)?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using any of the good GBA loaders for the 3in1, are saves automatically backed up from the RAM (like for the M3 Lite)?
Saves are automatically backed up whenever you load a different game onto the 3-in-1. They can also be backed up manually. Save files are created automatically.

It doesn't back up the save every time you boot the cart like the M3, because the 3-in-1 doesn't have a loader menu or a memory card.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also the fact that R4 can't broadcast download play properly puts me off (even to flashed DS's).
That's strange... I actually love my M3 Simply for the download play support. There are quite some games that work with it to an unflashed DS! I can't test it to a flashed DS though, but I don't see why any game wouldn't work...

Ontopic: I am also looking to buy a rumble pak, so if anyone has all three of them (3 in 1, Ewin2 and original) it would rock! Also I have a normal, old, phat DS. AFAIK the Ewin2 is Lite-only, or am I mistaken?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also the fact that R4 can't broadcast download play properly puts me off (even to flashed DS's).
That's strange... I actually love my M3 Simply for the download play support. There are quite some games that work with it to an unflashed DS! I can't test it to a flashed DS though, but I don't see why any game wouldn't work...

Ontopic: I am also looking to buy a rumble pak, so if anyone has all three of them (3 in 1, Ewin2 and original) it would rock! Also I have a normal, old, phat DS. AFAIK the Ewin2 is Lite-only, or am I mistaken?

err the eWin is a standalone rumble pack - and it is only available in lite.

The download play support for R4 may be higher than others - but even to a flashed DS, the problematic suspects (Mario Kart, Metroid, etc) do not work. However I am able to send to a flashed DS using my M3 Lite

DEF-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've also been thinking about getting either eWin rumble pack or the 3in1 Ez-flash pack.

Although I already have an M3 Lite, so GBA isnt really my priority, the rumble is. But it would be nice to have the 3in1 anyway.

If anyone could test between the two it would be great, but I would guess that the eWin is superior as a rumble pack.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will never use rumble im scared it ill brick my ds cuz it shakes hard maybe some chip's pins break

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've also been thinking about getting either eWin rumble pack or the 3in1 Ez-flash pack.

Although I already have an M3 Lite, so GBA isnt really my priority, the rumble is. But it would be nice to have the 3in1 anyway.
If you just want rumble, definitely get the eWin rumble pak over the 3-in-1. The eWin rumble pak uses a rotary motor with an off-center weight (much like the ones used by console controllers), whereas the 3-in-1 uses a piston type motor that produces a much different effect, more of a buzz than a rumble.

The eWin rumble pak also just works, whereas the 3-in-1 requires the rumble to be turned on first, either by patching the rom, or with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will never use rumble im scared it ill brick my ds cuz it shakes hard maybe some chip's pins break

Dude... That won't happen. The DS is designed for rumble. If you use the original Rumble Pak there is no risk of breaking your DS at all.

If you just want rumble, definitely get the eWin rumble pak over the 3-in-1. The eWin rumble pak uses a rotary motor with an off-center weight (much like the ones used by console controllers), whereas the 3-in-1 uses a piston type motor that produces a much different effect, more of a buzz than a rumble.

The eWin rumble pak also just works, whereas the 3-in-1 requires the rumble to be turned on first, either by patching the rom, or with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool.
I think I'll get the Ewin one
smile.gif
I don't like all the patching, I am not interested in GBA that much (I have a M3 Perfect) and the RAM for the browser is in the M3 Perfect too (though I have to patch the opera rom, but that's only one and only once).

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Whoever said the 3 in 1 is more like a buzz than a rumble is spot on.
happy.gif
I can barely feel it, but definitely hear it. It is possible to make it quieter by opening the cart up (there's a thread here somewhere) but I found that every time I put it back together I got a slightly different result in terms of noise and how much the DS actually rumbles. What Cory said about the motor being more secure is true as well, mine has a spongy pad on both sides of the motor unlike the review carts.

In short, don't buy this cart just for the rumble. It's a nice little quirk on the side, but it's not good enough to be the sole reason to buy it.

Oh, and for the moment if you want to play a rumble enabled game without rumble and the game doesn't have a menu option to turn it off you have to take the 3 in 1 out. There's no way to disable it on the fly. It's a minor point, but somewhat irritating in it's own little way.
happy.gif
(unless I've missed it of course)

Don't worry, the DS rumble packs are designed to be weaker than the rumble in most controllers. A PS2 controller wipes the floor with it 5 times over.

zabikt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why nobody is writing that Rumble from 3in1 Expansion is not working with original NDS games?
Even in your review is:
QUOTE said:
Expansion Pack as it works just like the official pack
which is not true. Expansion pack in NOT working with original games supporting rumble.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
Why nobody is writing that Rumble from 3in1 Expansion is not working with original NDS games?
Even in your review is:
QUOTE said:
Expansion Pack as it works just like the official packwhich is not true. Expansion pack in NOT working with original games supporting rumble.

Well, you can make it work that way. Run Rudolph's tool and enable rumble, run NitroHax, enable no codes, boot your original game, and now you have rumble in an original. It is a bit of a workaround, but it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1