3in1 Expansion Pack V1.9 G6Real Media

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Hayem, Sep 1, 2007.

Sep 1, 2007
  1. Hayem
    OP

Newcomer Hayem Advanced Member

Canada
    I have bought EZFlash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack to use opera browser but does not softe reset.

I have read in Rudolp's file this:
    "Soft reset is supported on the R4/M3 Simply and the DSLink."
    I have G6REAL MEDIA maybe that is whY?

Those 3in1 Expansion Pack V1.9 G6Real Media works with G6 ?if yes what I have to do?thanks

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia

Well no shit it doesn't work.

You can patch it with IPS patches for rumble or RAM.

3. Hayem
    OP

Canada
    WOW thank you for telling me,I have spent maybe 2 hours to make it work [​IMG]
    thanks for letting me know,I have to return it,I thought with 20$ it was a good deal just to use DS browser.

4. 4saken

Australia
    Nononono. You don't have to return it. Sorry if my previous message led you in the wrong direction.

The 3in1 is not natively supported by any card except the EZV and the CycloDS Evo. In order to enable either rumble or RAM on any nds file (provided they were designed to use the option packs), you will need an IPS file and an IPS patcher.

You can find more about it on the Sosuke forums

5. Qmanol

Newcomer Qmanol Newbie

Australia
    I have a question, and I thought I'd add it to this thread rather than create a new one. 4saken, you seem to know how to make the G6R and the EZ 3-in-1 play well together - Would you be able to give or link some details on how to get them working well? I'm sure I must be missing some step to get things working correctly.

6. 4saken

Australia
    Working well? That would be impossible with the current state of homebrew on the G6DSR, but it is tolerable if you aren't epileptic or prone to seizures from flashing images.

3in1 Tool or GBALdr are probably the best ways to run GBA games from the 3in1 at the moment. The problem right now is that if you load a game onto PSRAM (or NOR) and run it instantly from the homebrew application itself (rather than booting into GBA mode), you will be greeted by a nice flashing screen which is IMO incredibly annoying (you can try this yourself if you want and see if you can tolerate it). A way to avoid this is to flash a game the NOR, and then proceed to boot your DS to either load the game from the DS firmware or by booting into GBA mode using the G6R's boot function. Saves and whatever should be automatically handled by whichever program you use. For more details, you can read up about them in the Sosuke forums.

For RAM and Rumble, there are IPS patches, or a standalone rumble patcher, all designed by Cory1942 (i think). They're also hosted on the Sosuke forums. Once patched, your files should work just as though they were run off an EZV.

EDIT: I was a bit vague on the flashing screen. As you may know, the GBA screen is smaller than the DS screen. The part which flashes is the border around the GBA screen. Adding a custom border does not help the issue, it is rather something to do with the way the G6R switches to GBA.

7. Hayem
    OP

Canada
    sorry but what I hear is I can not use 3in1 pack with G6DSR unless i missed a link or a patch.

8. 4saken

Australia
    You can, but it will require a bit more effort on your end.

9. Hayem
    OP

Canada
    thanks for your help,I have decided to return back and buy from Nintendo store DS browser for Lite,I am sure that will be straight forward.

10. Qmanol

Newcomer Qmanol Newbie

Australia
    Thanks for the information. I found a thread on sosuke which detailed my error - apparently I have to place the 3in1 Tool .nds into the root of the flashcard and not into the \NDS directory as I was. Once I did this, I had no issues, not even the flashing border you describe. I have not yet attempted to use the browser patch, but I have found it and will try it as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

(Just as an aside, I'm not sure whether placing the 3in1 tool in the root was strictly required, or if I just had to run it from the file browser instead of the game browser - I'm sure that having the G6R trying to wrap the tool with the soft reset and slow motion options, etc did not help at all.

11. ridgecity

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico

For $15 you could get the official memory expansion now that is going to be discontinued...

12. 4saken

Australia
    Really? No flashing borders? That would solve my problems! Can you tell me what firmware you are running, and anything else which may change it, also which version of 3in1 Tool you have, etc [​IMG] Thanks

EDIT: I've done my own testing. Apparently 3in1 Tool version 1.9 (the version in question here) causes flashing borders, while 3in1 Tool version 1.8 doesn't. Hmm

13. Bergunzo

Member Bergunzo GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    mmh i have also this problem of flashing borders with 1,9, can you link me the 1.8 please? [​IMG] and can anyone say me why if i press L + R + a + b while i'm playing a game, pop-up the m3 special effect menu? [​IMG]

14. 4saken

Australia
    Are you serious O_O Pictures

EDIT: Forgot: Link: http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds...ack_Tool_18.zip

15. Bergunzo

Member Bergunzo GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    thanks for the link, now it's perfect.

ps. yes i'm serious, if you try might happens even to you, i think. [​IMG] now i can't take pictures but it's true! [​IMG]

16. Qmanol

Newcomer Qmanol Newbie

Australia
    I'm not sure what to tell you, but I'm using G6R firmware 2.3, 3in1 tool 1.9, and still no flashing borders, in either NOR or PSRAM mode. Also, the patched browser now works beautifully. All were downloaded within the last few days. I don't know why it's not flashing, but I'm not going to complain!

17. Hayem
    OP

Canada
    what is patched browser?I have jsut DS Browser .nds and thought I need 3in1 tool to make it work.
    can you explain more in detail from where can I get the patch,...thanks.

18. Qmanol

Newcomer Qmanol Newbie

Australia
    Here. Somebody linked you to it 2 days ago.

19. 4saken

Australia
    Wait. Are you running games from the 3in1 Tool itself? If you are, and still not borders, I'm assuming you don't have a 16Gb one. (hoping actually - since this means it may be fixed)

20. Qmanol

Newcomer Qmanol Newbie

Australia
    Yes, I am using the 3in1 tool to boot the games. (Though I have found not using it to boot a game in NOR mode to be more convenient, personally) No borders with either method.

edit: Oh, and yes, I have a 16Gbit G6R.