3GP_Converter034 problems

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Kyusuke, Feb 25, 2008.

Feb 25, 2008

3GP_Converter034 problems by Kyusuke at 12:58 AM (2,208 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Kyusuke
    OP

Newcomer Kyusuke Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  2. apb407

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yipes sorry bro i only use 3GP to do files for Ipod. Some files dont work i know that but it could be the video is corrupted or 3gp is messed up try configuring the setting again.

3. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

try super?

4. Kyusuke
    OP

Newcomer Kyusuke Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Explain? EDIT: Nevermind, found out, however when I checked out the latest distro of super, the version of ffmpeg that they use dates back to 2005, don't even know if it's even older than the version supplied with the 3GP Converter.

Extra EDIT: Doing some research with the GSpot video/audio codec identifier, I've found out the the files that I converted with the provided ffmpeg contains the mp4a: MPEG-4 AAC LC audio codec and the files that I've tested out with the new ffmpeg uses the MPEG-2 LC Profile. Upon further research, I realised that Quicktime does not support the MPEG-2 LC (and neither would my phone I would guess) and therefore, could be the reason why Quicktime refuses to play it as well as the QT3GPPFlatten program as well.

So basically, it's a question of what format do I need to set -acodec to in ffmpeg for the program to encode in AAC-LC?

5. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

super  is one of the better video encoders, having it's own set of codecs and being able to output to almost any format (Including DS via DPG, Sony Excursion phones, etc)