Hardware 3DSXL Lower Screen Thinks Someone Is Touching It But Actually No

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My 3DSXL is almost 1 year old, I often play and I never drop it or poke the screen vigorously. Last week was playing Kirby Planet Robobot, the game keep pauses and I realized the 3DSXL thinks the lower right part of the lower screen is being touched, but it's not. I've tested with other games and it's obvious it's a lower screen-sensing problem.

I have a screen protector on both screens since I bought it, and it never has problems since last week.

Tried loosening the screws on the back and re-screw it to minimal tightness, brushed the edges of the lower screen with toothbrush and problem still exist.

Help T^T

Edit: removed the screen protector and the "ghost" problem has gone, but I know the lower screen still have a problem: like my old iPhone 5S which had an inflated battery (the whole iPhone was expanded), so the screen has "delayed fingerprints" after I press certain parts. I've checked the battery but I don't seem inflated... Do I take it back to the shop I bought about a year ago to let them check or to Nintendo? (my 3DSXL is jailbroken) Thx

Last edited by R4ismychildhood,

Svinorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried removing the screen protector? I once had one on a ds lite and had a similar issue. Not sure what caused it, but removing the film fixed it and I just applied a new one.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried removing the screen protector? I once had one on a ds lite and had a similar issue. Not sure what caused it, but removing the film fixed it and I just applied a new one.
It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I don't a a lower screen protector though, also, why does it work?????:wacko:

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The resistive touchscreen technology is susceptible to interference by any particles. Normally your kind of problem occurs directly after applying the foil. (This is why I did not reply to your question when I first read it.)
A good screen foil (for resistive touchscreen) is a tiny little bit too small to cover the whole screen. If the protective foil overlaps just on one edge, nothing works or you have this ‘ghost touch input’.
Maybe your foil moved in sub-millimeter range or some tiny particle got under it over time.

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The resistive touchscreen technology is susceptible to interference by any particles. Normally your kind of problem occurs directly after applying the foil. (This is why I did not reply to your question when I first read it.)
A good screen foil (for resistive touchscreen) is a tiny little bit too small to cover the whole screen. If the protective foil overlaps just on one edge, nothing works or you have this ‘ghost touch input’.
Maybe your foil moved in sub-millimeter range or some tiny particle got under it over time.
I see, thanks!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that English is probably not your first language, but the title of this thread makes me laugh. I love it.

Anyways, a friend of mine had a similar issue one time. He found a grain of sand lodged in between the screen and the very edge of the screen. He used his stylus to push the screen down and loose the sand.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would take a soft toothbrush and try brushing the edge of the screen between the plastic of the casing and the screen, if a dust particle is stuck there you can get faulty response from the touch screen or even no response at all...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse