Hardware 3DSXL Blue light turning on and off

_Yasuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i haven't touched my 3DS since 2015/2016 and i wanted to use it again. a friend of mine installed luma back then.

So after i charged it and turned it on, at first, the blue light would turn on but the screen would stay black, i then tried to turn it on in safe mode, and the 3ds said something like
if I try to turn on safe mode te 3ds would get bricked. out of frustration i wiped my sd card thinking i could just start over since it doesn't have anything of value in it.

But now i think it's worse since i can't turn it on in safe mode anymore and the blue light now just turn on for a sec and disappears i don't know what to do now.
I tried several youtube videos tutorials, but none of them worked and the threads here either didn't or i did it poorly. So i thought i would just ask for help instead.
Thank you and sorry if my english is poor.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, i haven't touched my 3DS since 2015/2016 and i wanted to use it again. a friend of mine installed luma back then.

So after i charged it and turned it on, at first, the blue light would turn on but the screen would stay black, i then tried to turn it on in safe mode, and the 3ds said something like
if I try to turn on safe mode te 3ds would get bricked. out of frustration i wiped my sd card thinking i could just start over since it doesn't have anything of value in it.

But now i think it's worse since i can't turn it on in safe mode anymore and the blue light now just turn on for a sec and disappears i don't know what to do now.
I tried several youtube videos tutorials, but none of them worked and the threads here either didn't or i did it poorly. So i thought i would just ask for help instead.
Thank you and sorry if my english is poor.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-wont-boot.573772/#post-9200045

Start with Luma v7.0.5 if the setup is that old.

If it boots with arm9loaderhax.bin upgrade setup to B9S.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
https://3ds.hacks.guide/fr_FR/a9lh-to-b9s.html ← French version

Good luck and have fun!

(Why do so many people think it is a good idea to delete files if something doesn't work? This makes no sense. Please don't do such things. And please stay away from video/YouTube guides. They are often outdated and/or bad and/or missing important steps)

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

_Yasuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you! it worked !
(Why do so many people think it is a good idea to delete files if something doesn't work? This makes no sense. Please don't do such things. And please stay away from video/YouTube guides. They are often outdated and/or bad and/or missing important steps)
And yeah definitely going to avoid that, i thought my 3ds was a goner, thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night