Hacking 3DSLink Released V4.0B2 to Support Multi-roms at the Same Time as R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe

BestR4i3DS.com

OP
Trophies
Website
www.New3DSCard.com
XP
Country
United States
After R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe released V4.0B2 to support Multi-roms,
almost at the same time ,3DSLink team release their V4.0B2 too .

Change log From 3DSLink official supports site:
=====================
1.Support Multi-ROM
2.Support FAT32&exFAT
3.Support up to 32GB tf card
4.Support online play(to be tested)
5.Because of the 3ds system’s updating, emuNand is delayed.
Attention: For the limitation of memory space, the MH4 patch cannot be added in this update, sure you can play the MH4 through 3DSLink Firmware 4.0B1.
=====================
From the change log, everything is the same as R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe.

Anyway, another cheaper multi-roms supported 3DS model flashcarts too choose.

Another, 3DSLink & R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe use the select menu to choose games , same as gateway 3ds.
multi-roms_R4i_deluxe_3DSLink.jpg

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I always wonder what the use of pinned topic with help, information, and links to wiki which itself contains help, information, faqs, comparative charts etc.
Nobody read them...

the wiki need an update to add 4.0b, but I guess it's not urgent as nobody is referring to it to get information.

/sarcastic comments :rolleyes:

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always wonder what the use of pinned topic with help, information, and links to wiki which itself contains help, information, faqs, comparative charts etc.
Nobody read them...

the wiki need an update to add 4.0b, but I guess it's not urgent as nobody is referring to it to get information.

/sacastic comments :rolleyes:
It would be great to have the Wiki fully updated, no question, but as it isn't, we reference what's needed. In my case, the user was only asking which cards were available for 3DS games and were actually in OP's signature. I think the best stuff that could be added to the Wiki is all the hardware mod types and variations though. But I digress, as I don't have time to do it myself either, so I'm in no position to request it. Anyway, thanks for your contributions to the Wiki, and never think it's not used, as it is. ;)

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, at least clone owners aren't left with a useless piece of plastic. How long was the delay between Gateway's MultiROM and clone's MultiROM?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know some users are using it.
And I don't have time to maintain it as fully informative and updated as I would like :( and it's too bad that we don't have a lot of contributors.

I'll update 4.0b probably this weekend.

The wiki at least list the existing 3DS ROM compatible flashcarts (yea, the charts also need an update with the new multiROM support).
it explains that 3DSLink and Orange3DS are the exact same product from the exact same team than R4i cart. Just different name and retail price to create their own price competition.
When you update the R4i page, it is automatically updating the two other flashcart's page :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
For what it's worth I think the notices about FW updates should be all combined, every time there is an update there is at least 2 threads going on for the exact same update, it would be better to have all info combined into the one thread, it would speed up the alerting of bugs like the saves getting deleted for some people etc, instead of each card having to make the discovery separately

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know some users are using it.
And I don't have time to maintain it as fully informative and updated as I would like :( and it's too bad that we don't have a lot of contributors.

I'll update 4.0b probably this weekend.

The wiki at least list the existing 3DS ROM compatible flashcarts (yea, the charts also need an update with the new multiROM support).
it explains that 3DSLink and Orange3DS are the exact same product from the exact same team than R4i cart. Just different name and retail price to create their own price competition.
When you update the R4i page, it is automatically updating the two other flashcart's page :P
I updated the chart, I left out eshop since technically they dont work (without conversion to card 1) since they nand save
I dont see anything for orange 3ds and their site is down, so I assume its been abandoned

Reactions: Cyan

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I updated the chart, I left out eshop since technically they dont work (without conversion to card 1) since they nand save
I dont see anything for orange 3ds and their site is down, so I assume its been abandoned
Orange 3ds is exactly the same thing, the firmware files are exactly the same even, they probably decided running 2 shop fronts was enough and dropped the act with orange 3ds........but seeing as it's the exact same card the firmware from either of the other site should still work on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and idk if something will happen to my ps3 if i connect it to wifi with hen activated
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient