Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release v4.1.0 is now available.

Before installing this update, please delete your config file located in /3DS/3DShell/config.cfg. This release will automatically handle this for you in future releases if entries are modified in the config file. You can also update straight from 3DShell, by tapping the download icon (Updates menu) and updating via the official release build option.

Change-log:

• Minor clean-up with audio functions, config file and .ZIP extraction, removed deprecated functions. (Also built using the latest citro2d and libctru.)
  • Improved music lock texture.
  • Added battery icons to status bar.
  • Add ability to extract .RAR archives.
  • Add "More..." option in file options.
    • Added the ability to refresh directory list.
    • Added the ability to create new files.
    • Cancel button can be accessed via buttons.
  • Minor fixes with handling UTF-16 filenames.
  • Added a W.I.P text file reader for small config files. (This is very basic at the moment. I simply implemented this for reading log files straight from the 3DS).
  • Handle config versions (At the moment, you'll need to delete your config file located in /3DS/3DShell/config.cfg, however after this update this will no longer be necessary with future releases).
  • Fixed buffer overflow when selecting a file with a long file path using multi-select.
  • Fixed copying files/folders between different archives sd <-> nand.
  • UTF16 file names are now properly handled when copying/pasting files.
  • Added the ability to zoom into image if < 400x240. (c-stick or D-PAD to zoom, circle pad to position image).
  • Improved executable file icon. (The previous one didn't work well with the dark theme mode).
  • Added an error display dialog if any issue occurs with FS or archive related functions.
  • Fixed OPUS support.

8CmMqHN.png
Sk5IYae.png

Download

Last edited by Joel16,

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
hi Joel thanks again for your work. very exciting to have the option to view text and config files directly on the 3DS now!

I have a small request if possible, can you make it so pressing A on a zip file doesn't automatically extract it? it would be nice if we could just view before or have a pop up ask if we want to extract. I unzipped big files by mistake :rofl2:

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi Joel thanks again for your work. very exciting to have the option to view text and config files directly on the 3DS now!

I have a small request if possible, can you make it so pressing A on a zip file doesn't automatically extract it? it would be nice if we could just view before or have a pop up ask if we want to extract. I unzipped big files by mistake :rofl2:

Ah right, my bad. Perhaps I'll add a dialog before so that it asks if you want to extract the zip/rar file. I'll look into adding a cancel button too whilst doing that.

Last edited by Joel16,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

soguyswedidit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can it install CIAs? If we could get that and a text editor (its planned right) along w maybe tinydb support this would be the best homebrew app

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
Can it install CIAs? If we could get that and a text editor (its planned right) along w maybe tinydb support this would be the best homebrew app

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that would be really awesome if Joel brought that feature back :) maybe it wouldn't be too hard since FBI is open source he could use some of the code?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would be really awesome if Joel brought that feature back :) maybe it wouldn't be too hard since FBI is open source he could use some of the code?
It's not all that hard to implement. TBH it's already in the code but it's only used for updating the 3DShell CIA version. I'd rather not include title management with this, just pure file management at the moment.

Reactions: plug313

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v4.2.0 is available!

Change-log:

• Refactor and clean up external image loading functions:
    • Fixed texture display corruption when using next/previous in image preview.
    • Image viewer can now display GIF files (not animated).
    • Now uses libnsbmp instead of loadbmp which (decodes .BMP files a lot faster with little to no delays!).
    • Enable zoom function on any image that is > 400x240 as long as it's not a dual screen image. (Please note there is a limit as to how large an image can be, 800x600 was the furthest that worked fine in my tests).
    • Use nanojpeg to load .JPEG files and remove stb_image since it's a massive library only used for a single function.
  • Display ID3v2 cover art image if found.
  • Only display ID3 title if found.
  • Fixed incorrect title when using next/previous on non MP3 file.
  • Added dialog before extracting rar/zip file.
  • Don't display checkbox on parent folders.
  • The CIA update (for 3DShell CIA version) progress bar is a lot more realistically responsive than previous releases.
  • Display file sizes in main menu.
  • Fixed file properties from displaying the timestamp attribute for a non existing entry (parent folders do not have timestamps).
  • Fix misaligned font size in status bar.
ID3 cover art image:
MkbQCaB.png

Download: https://github.com/joel16/3DShell/releases/tag/v4.2.0

Last edited by Joel16,

AiP24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I checked, whenever I open the .3dsx, I get stuck on one of those crashed bootup screens repeatedly. I know file managrs work without cfw (because I currently use organiz3d), but I don't really know what's going on. Do I need cfw or something?
edit - if it only runs on cfw, can you find a way to make it run on userland, even if you have to remove some features?

Last edited by AiP24,

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I checked, whenever I open the .3dsx, I get stuck on one of those crashed bootup screens repeatedly. I know file managrs work without cfw (because I currently use organiz3d), but I don't really know what's going on. Do I need cfw or something?
Yeah.

AiP24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think you can't access NAND in userland, but would it be possible to make a version without NAND access (like a sd file manager)? I have anemone3ds (custom theme manager) and it has a battery meter despite being userland, so if you could make a userland only version, that would be cool, but if not, that's okay.

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think you can't access NAND in userland, but would it be possible to make a version without NAND access (like a sd file manager)? I have anemone3ds (custom theme manager) and it has a battery meter despite being userland, so if you could make a userland only version, that would be cool, but if not, that's okay.
There's really no point as userland support is dead for nearly everything. The 3DS scene is all CFW at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: