Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely not me said:
Nintendo should take notes, this is how you develop a real application!

Android CEO said:
10/10, better than the flash light on my phone!

All the developers said:
Wow a breakthrough for 3DS homebrew!

Jokes, aside this is a rather simple app I developed due to extreme boredom, and also because I wanted to make use of the GSPLCD::SetBrightness/GSPLCD::SetBrightnessRaw functions I submitted to ctrulib today, also wanted to play around with APTHOOKs, so there's that. Basically just a sample for the two functions addressed above. This was also requested in the vita scene a few days ago, so I thought I'd make something similar for the 3DS. The 3DS brightness is pretty shit compared to the vita, but the two screens somewhat balances it out and gives a good amount of lighting. Believe me, there's always that one person who uses their 3DS for things you wouldn't imagine doing.

All this app literally does is clears the screen (white) and sets the brightness to the highest level. It is recommended to use the start button to exit the app so that it restores your previous brightness. Pressing the home button will keep your device at max brightness. Also worth mentioning that this app is basically going to kill your battery, so be warned.

Download

Source code

chart

It's literally just a white background with the max brightness...

Last edited by Joel16,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
and also because I wanted to make use of the GSPLCD::SetBrightness/GSPLCD::SetBrightnessRaw functions I submitted to ctrulib today,
Too bad this wasn't around when bootrom error screen homebrews were in style.
It just doesn't look right without the LCD backlight set to kill.

Reactions: Joel16

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs