3DS XL - Reboot after close Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by felipes, Oct 20, 2016.

1. felipes
    OP

felipes Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2016
    Brazil
    I found this strange reboot 3ds, I asked some friends and said that is normal in smash and monster hunter. But I've seen people who have 3ds xl and have not had this reboot. So I wonder if it is normal or not? (Sorry for my English, I learned reading and playing)

2. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Yea it's normal.It happens in smash for me aswell,I just hold the trigger button during the reboot and it kicks me right back to menuhax when it's putting me in the sysnand.

3. felipes
    OP

felipes Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2016
    Brazil
    Ok, thanks for the info

4. GreaterDog

GreaterDog A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior

Banned
    Nov 12, 2015
    Trying To Hide From Raulpica's Bans
    Wait you mean each time you close sun and moon demo it says ''closing software'' then ''please wait'' and close, then yes it's normal . Always happen in smash for me.

5. felipes
    OP

felipes Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2016
    Brazil
    Yes, that same message. How not to play smash and monster hunter, I had never seen

6. GreaterDog

GreaterDog A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior

Banned
    Nov 12, 2015
    Trying To Hide From Raulpica's Bans
    There is a reason you are having this. You are using a o3ds and these games are high memory type of games. the o3ds needs to reboot in order to play these types of games unlike the New3ds.

felipes likes this.
  7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Any game that uses extra RAM (extended memory mode) such as Monster Hunter 4, MHG, Smash, and now Sun/Moon, will all cause the old3DS to reboot when closing them. That's basically the side effect to using the extra RAM for the games.

felipes likes this.
  8. felipes
    OP

felipes Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2016
    Brazil
    Now I understand. Thank you for the informations