3ds xl question (purchase, flashcard and region related)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by KamiShiro_V, Nov 26, 2012.

1. KamiShiro_V
    OP

Newcomer KamiShiro_V Newbie

Philippines
    Hi,

I intend to buy a 3ds xl sometime this December or next year. I understand there are no updates or any sign of the flashcard for 3ds roms will be coming anytime soon as this is one factor that stopping me from buying a unit right now.

I'm wondering if there is a chance that the unit's version (US, JPN, Asia) will be a factor as to the playability of roms?

Right now I'm considering waiting it out until any news of a flashcard will come up and considering the price and games available right now, (Price right now in the Philippines is around Php10,500, [$250 more or less] ) I might as well let the price drop and let the library fill up some more.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Hold on, let me fire up my time machine and go into the future to see.
    Damn, it's out of gas.

Alright, let me just pull out my crystal ball and...
    Where did I put that thing?

Okay, hold on, I gotta' call my friends to we can get in a circle and ask the spirits to tell us the future.
    Now where did I put their numbers...

There is no news, nobody knows. Buy it if you want, don't buy it if you don't.

3. Pluupy

Member Pluupy Woof!

United States
    No use waiting for a flashcart which can play 3DS roms right now. From what i've gathered around the internet and primarily GBATemp, the 3DS needs to be reverse engineered. Flashcart developers needs to first understand how the device works. We, as a community, can dump roms, but no emulator or flashcart until we know how to decrypt the 3DS. This will take a while.

There is a fundraiser going on right now though that is hoping to gaze into the inner workings of the 3DS. Take a look here:
    http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Fundraiser

I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean firmware or the actual hardware? (Standard 3DS, 3DS XL)

Or perhaps region-locks on roms? If so, yes. The 3DS has region-lock. If you plan on only playing European games, get a EU console. If playing Japanese games, respectfully a J console. North America, NA.

... there was no need to make an ass of yourself. Just answer his damned question like any other normal human being.