3DS XL Pikapikachu Limited Edition questions

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sophie_Rodgers_x, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Sophie_Rodgers_x
    OP

Newcomer Sophie_Rodgers_x Member

Sweden
    It's called 'Limited Edition' for a reason right? Therefore, when a shop i.e. Gamesation, is out of stock it will not be back in stock? Sorry, I'm a noob here. Basically I want to know is that the Pikachu edition will not be restocking right? I mean, if they restocked it, it wont be called Limited edition right? Correct me if I'm wrong sorry. At this point, I feel special because I have a Pikachu Limited Edition 3DS XL [​IMG]
    sorry if im confusing you <3

(Sorry for my bad grammar i am Swedish )

2. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Depends on how many units are allocated to this Limited Edition.

3. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    If the importer doesn't have stock or the company selling them can't import the consoles themselves, I'd imagine it's limited at your local store. If some other shop has it in stock, then it's not necessarily limited (yet) in your region. If there was only a certain amount of consoles made, it can be considered as limited edition. The amount of limitation depends on the number of consoles produced: 10 consoles worldwide vs 10,000 consoles per country gives a good comparison in the term "limited". A good real life example is the Mass Effect 3 "Collector's Edition", which wasn't really that limited, because you can still buy the package new from many stores (although many people already bought it on release).

4. Kouen Hasuki

Member Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Norway
    depends how limited the limited edition is some have a set number of units others go for a limited time with unlimited units that will be manufactured to meet demand up until a date then the last of the units will be all that remains