Hardware 3ds xl or new 3ds

Davidb9310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys im living in canada and i have a question, i want to have a nintendo 3ds but i don't know if too buy 3ds xl or wait for new 3ds, how do you guys think?

wendeng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm buying a 3ds xl from someone
I would suggest buying a 3ds xl because it would probably be cheaper then the new 3ds and the xl is bigger

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new 3ds.. i hear the buttons arent cramped as the original 3ds... and you can change the faceplates...

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please, do yourself a favor and wait for the n3DS (XL). I have got one in Saturday and it is so much better, especially if you care about 3D! Not to mention, you can play n3DS exclusives when they come out.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really all depends it a tough one to call larger screen vs newer hardware and features...but I probably have to go with the New 3DS on this one simply because you should have already made up your mind a couple weeks ago on a 3DS XL for Boxing week sales.

Solar47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for the New 3ds bro or u will have buyers remorse when the new 3ds comes out in a couple months or whenever

edit: and if you cant wait and want one now buy a second hand normal 3ds or 2ds on ebay or something to keep you busy

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you very much for your answers :)

In the mean time while you're waiting look for some deals on the 3DS XL if prefer a bigger screen over enhanced New 3DS games and maybe about a handful of exclusives.

Boxing week had 3DS XL going for $100 if there's a clearance sale for 3DS XL's from now until the New 3DS arrives in Canada you have the option to reconsider: Amazon, Walmart, BestBuy/FutureShop, Staples and Shoppers Drug Mart are you best bet on 3DS XL clearance sales.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really depends...for someone like me who can who appreciate the faster hardware, c-stick, enhanced games and exclusives games then yes the New 3DS is a must wait.

In all honesty if had no choice but to pick between the 3DS XL and New 3DS I would go with the older bigger screen given I can get it on sale at a bargain price but if the the price of an old 3DS XL is the same as a smaller New 3DS I'd go with the latter.

Davidb9310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the mean time while you're waiting look for some deals on the 3DS XL if prefer a bigger screen over enhanced New 3DS games and maybe about a handful of exclusives.

Boxing week had 3DS XL going for $100 if there's a clearance sale for 3DS XL's from now until the New 3DS arrives in Canada you have the option to reconsider: Amazon, Walmart, BestBuy/FutureShop, Staples and Shoppers Drug Mart are you best bet on 3DS XL clearance sales.
everywhere it costs 200$.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: