Hacking Homebrew 3DS XL not turning on after Luma3ds update

DatMefju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem is exactly the same as in the title. I couldn't download the update through the 3ds app, so I did it manually. But after that, my 3ds is not turning on, only LED lamp is turning on for a half of second. I tried removing sd card and turning it on afterward and tried to recover last luma version, but it still doesn't work. Any more ideas, what could I do?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is exactly the same as in the title. I couldn't download the update through the 3ds app, so I did it manually. But after that, my 3ds is not turning on, only LED lamp is turning on for a half of second. I tried removing sd card and turning it on afterward and tried to recover last luma version, but it still doesn't work. Any more ideas, what could I do?
- What 3ds firmware are you on? You updated the 3ds and that's why you updated Luma3DS after it?
If so, make sure you have the latest boot.firm (from here) on the root of the sdcard.
- You didn't any issues of any kind with your system before doing this?
- Can you access GodMode9 when holding the "start" button on boot, or Luma3DS when holding "select" on boot?
- You might need to check the sd card for errors with h2testw, if you can't access anything..
- Also check the lock slider in your sd card adapter, or you could try with another adapter, to make sure it's not it.

DatMefju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
- What 3ds firmware are you on? You updated the 3ds and that's why you updated Luma3DS after it?
If so, make sure you have the latest boot.firm (from here) on the root of the sdcard.
- You didn't any issues of any kind with your system before doing this?
- Can you access GodMode9 when holding the "start" button on boot, or Luma3DS when holding "select" on boot?
- You might need to check the sd card for errors with h2testw, if you can't access anything..
- Also check the lock slider in your sd card adapter, or you could try with another adapter, to make sure it's not it.
Suddenly the problem disappeared xD no idea why. I made smth weird when I tried to turn it on again. I have locked the SD card (I'm pretty sure it wasn't locked earlier), put it into the console, tried turning it on. Then appeared the message which said "cannot write configuration file" then I unlocked SD card, and it started working again xD some people would call it magic, but I call it religion and God's intervention

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suddenly the problem disappeared xD no idea why. I made smth weird when I tried to turn it on again. I have locked the SD card (I'm pretty sure it wasn't locked earlier), put it into the console, tried turning it on. Then appeared the message which said "cannot write configuration file" then I unlocked SD card, and it started working again
You probably moved the slider a bit when you updated Luma3DS manually, and the 3ds couldn't access it because of it after that..

DatMefju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You probably moved the slider a bit when you updated Luma3DS manually, and the 3ds couldn't access it because of it after that..
Even if so, i think it's not the reason, just because it doesn't even turn on earlier but when I moved slider then it started to work. I'm not gonna play "guess what" and leave it, I have some games to play

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: