Hacking 3ds XL Nand's dont ever md5 match

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
so i assume the 3ds uses a public key to access then ? how does the 3ds know how to access ?

and im only brief on ps3 hacking i have a cfw ps3 and thats about it i know somewhere along the line the ps3 had something that was decrypted with a generic algorithm

No, you aren't brief at all, "ps3 hacking" isn't just about flashing a firmware that's been made readily available to the masses.

As to "public key" do you even know the difference between "a Symmetric and an Asymmetric" Cipher ?
And by the way, AES is not a public/private (aka Asymmetric) algorithm. That's what's used on the NAND fs encryption. The 3DS itself however uses different sorts of algorithms depending on the context.

The 3DS accesses it because the keys are stored in a "vault", known as hardware AES keyslots in that context, used in conjunction with a "programmable" AES module/engine.

I could get a lot more technical about this but I'd spend the whole day writing a post, not sure I have the time for that.

Reactions: DarkKnigh_t

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh, yes. Reminds me of when "experts" start to talk about prime factorization in the context of symmetric crypto.

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Heh, yes. Reminds me of when "experts" start to talk about prime factorization in the context of symmetric crypto.

ROFL I actually heard about such a case from a conference speaker at GDC Europe 2012 xD
My friends laughed while attending when the speaker "explained" cryptography xD Too bad I wasn't there :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1