elcravo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

which 3DS XL bundles come with FW 6.3 and below? I wanted to get a XL for some time now so I'm going to ditch my Classic 3DS on latest FW to buy a XL on 6.3 or below.

Thanks!

elcravo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

elcravo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes I do know that. I'm not buying this because of any exploit but because I wanted a XL for some time now and I don't use any new features of FW 7.x or online so why not buy a FW 6.3 or below unit and see what the future brings? :)

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I do know that. I'm not buying this because of any exploit but because I wanted a XL for some time now and I don't use any new features of FW 7.x or online so why not buy a FW 6.3 or below unit and see what the future brings? :)

Ultimately it is up to you. But <7.0 3ds xls are in the plenty. There is absolutely no rush to get one.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Try buying one between 4.1.0 - 4.5.0 now and that is a different matter. They are an extinct species, you would find it very difficult to pick one up! Still don't get why you want one on 6.3.0 and above it will never happen my friend! Ninti will of made 110% sure that it will never become possible for an eploit. Nintendo don't need to do what they did with the Wii just let it be hacked to death to sell models the 3DS is the most popular handheld ever and still sells many thousands probably every week to date, no need for them to worry about sales slipping making it a possibility of been hacked to shift units in the future.

elcravo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm positiv that there are a lot of <7.x 3DS XL out there, I just wanted to make sure that I don't accidentally buy one that is above 6.3.

Still don't get why you want one on 6.3.0 and above it will never happen my friend! Ninti will of made 110% sure that it will never become possible for an eploit.

Never say never :lol:

Reactions: jrr6415sun

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Try buying one between 4.1.0 - 4.5.0 now and that is a different matter. They are an extinct species, you would find it very difficult to pick one up! Still don't get why you want one on 6.3.0 and above it will never happen my friend! Ninti will of made 110% sure that it will never become possible for an eploit. Nintendo don't need to do what they did with the Wii just let it be hacked to death to sell models the 3DS is the most popular handheld ever and still sells many thousands probably every week to date, no need for them to worry about sales slipping making it a possibility of been hacked to shift units in the future.
They're pretty easy to find.

Thanks for the list. 6.3 because ... well I'm just curious what'll happen in the future. :D
Well in that case, you should look for a <= 4.5 console. The Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land and Monster Hunter 3 bundles would all work with 3DS flashcarts and the MK7 bundle is very easy to find. It's sold almost everywhere here.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm positiv that there are a lot of <7.x 3DS XL out there, I just wanted to make sure that I don't accidentally buy one that is above 6.3.

Never say never :lol:
It is like ps3. Only fw 3.55 is hackable. It is all about pure luck.
We may be happy if the newest games will be playable.

b00100100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

which 3DS XL bundles come with FW 6.3 and below? I wanted to get a XL for some time now so I'm going to ditch my Classic 3DS on latest FW to buy a XL on 6.3 or below.

Thanks!

To echo what others said, if you are planning on buying a 3DS XL, look into trying to get a new 4.1-4.5 unit. You can always go up, you can never go back down unless you have your original 4.1-4.5 firmware. A few weeks ago I picked up a 4.4 red 3DS XL from gamestop. It was easy, I just asked if I could look at all their new 3DSXL boxes. She asked why, and I said I was looking for copyright 2012 and serial number below blah (what it says on this site in the help thread). She even looked for me. All of the blue XL's were not below the serial number, all reds were. I didnt even bother checking the blacks cause I was happy with red.

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
Try buying one between 4.1.0 - 4.5.0 now and that is a different matter. They are an extinct species, you would find it very difficult to pick one up!.

This isn't true is it? I would've thought there would still be plenty of stock out there, at the very least used consoles.

b00100100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't true is it? I would've thought there would still be plenty of stock out there, at the very least used consoles.

I bought new one two weeks ago. The store had a minimum of 5 other new red units there were also either 4.4 or 4.5. I didn't even bother checking the 8 black 3DS XL's they had.... And they had 2 of the midnight purple regular 3DS that were 4.5 or below based on the serial number. So yeah, there are plenty still out there if someone wants one. Also, I only went to one store as well.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
There very limited in the UK over here at the moment! When I was looking for an XL model CEX & Game stores did not have any at all around the country and they did try hard for me to find the rite model, it was only pure luck that I came across an Aqua Blue 3DS one at my local CEX that had not been updated yet when it came in. I also tried Ebay.co.uk first and emailed loads of people selling 3DS XL's any color did not matter to me but know one came back and said there 3DS XL's were anything on up to - 4.5.0.

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
There very limited in the UK over here at the moment! When I was looking for an XL model CEX & Game stores did not have any at all around the country and they did try hard for me to find the rite model, it was only pure luck that I came across an Aqua Blue 3DS one at my local CEX that had not been updated yet when it came in. I also tried Ebay.co.uk first and emailed loads of people selling 3DS XL's any color did not matter to me but know one came back and said there 3DS XL's were anything on up to - 4.5.0.
Well that's worrying. I was certain that a trip to GAME or CEX would be all it would take.

cypher007

Trophies
XP
Country
I found some red and poss blue 4.5's or copyright 2012 at least, at Christmas in my local Tesco's, replaced my sons red xl I upgraded before realising, doh, with a new red xl. another new warranty 3ds flash cart capable and sold the old one for £10 less than I paid for the new one ;) .

cypher007

Trophies
XP
Country
if people want ill have a look at some point and see if there are any 2012 ones left. to be honest where I live the 3ds is too expensive for most families.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I sell 3ds console on ebay uk, and I dont update them if below 4.5, I always put fw 4.5 in the title
I have I few listed now, both xl and standard

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's worrying. I was certain that a trip to GAME or CEX would be all it would take.

Are you looking in the UK for one then?.

Some more info for you then. Also the guys at CEX & Game stores did both tell me that the stores do know what is going on with the 3DS's on those particular firmwares and they have all been told when they get a second hand 3DS/XL model in they must update every hand set to the latest FW before it is sold on to the customer! Sorry to let you know this but the staff team did tell me and this was not so long ago, it was just really pure luck that I found a mint Aqua Blue one on 4.5.0 -6E at CEX but it had been in only a matter of hours that same day when I went down to ask for one, nothing more just being there at the rite time and the rite place I would think, just dead jammy m8!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn