3DS XL Flashcard confusion / Where should I buy in Canada?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kragar, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Kragar
    OP

Kragar Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2010
    Canada
    Ok so I just got a 6.1.0-12U firmware 3DS XL and was wondering a few things. Sorry if some of the info has been covered, some of which helped but in the end I am still left confused.

A) Should I update from 6.1.0-12U to 6.3.0-12U? for the purpose of being up to date since the flash cards support this latest version anyways? just thought I'd double check.

B) I'm in Canada, and I got scammed by a fake card before. There's dozens of sites that people recommend but in the end they aren't the official sites recommended by DSTWO company itself. Where should I buy my DSTWO flash card from in Canada that will ship the fastest?

C) I did read that playing DS games on 3DS is nothing but headaches with the system wanting to update. In the end I just want to play 3DS games but with the option of GBA / DS games, hence the choice for DSTWO card. Can I still play new 3DS games that come out when I buy the actual game? or will it force me to update in which I could wait anyways?

D) Should I just wait for a gateway 2.0

Thanks