Hardware 3DS XL europe in USA ??!!

Gjergji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So wanted to ask If a 3DS XL bought in europe came to be used in US what problem are there if there are any. Can the games be played and is anything diferent , can it be used???

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
The games are region locked so you'll have to import or find work arounds to buy from the e-shop. You'll also need a step up transformer to use the original charger, though I believe you can just swap out for an after market one bought in the US and it won't make anything explode.

Gjergji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Now That's a bummer . This means could end up selling the system altogether!! Hmmmm This really is a bad situation hope some hack to make it region free comes out then

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games are region locked so you'll have to import or find work arounds to buy from the e-shop. You'll also need a step up transformer to use the original charger, though I believe you can just swap out for an after market one bought in the US and it won't make anything explode.

Correct, you can just purchase a standard US charger and it'll charge the system just fine without having to deal with the inconvenience and costs of the transformers.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Correct, buy them on the eshop or import them from europe. I don't think that US eshop cards work on EUR 3DS consoles, but I'm not sure.

they indeed do not work as the E-shop uses currency not points
you can buy the E-shop cards digitally from places though

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they indeed do not work as the E-shop uses currency not points
you can buy the E-shop cards digitally from places though

Just for the sake of informing OP, do US credit cards work on EUR 3DS consoles? I know on some (edit: non-3DS) consoles they do, and on some (edit: non-3DS) they don't.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Just for the sake of informing OP, do US credit cards work on EUR 3DS consoles? I know on some (edit: non-3DS) consoles they do, and on some (edit: non-3DS) they don't.

IIRC you cannot, you cannot use Amercian Credit Cards on European E-shop and vise verse (affects all regions)
best way if just to find a friend in the region, send him the cash, he buys you E-shop voucher from a store, he scratches off strip and messages you code

Reactions: Sicklyboy

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
You can use any Region 3DS in any Region, but games sold in the Region the 3DS doesn't match with won't work.

For example:
I'm an European girl, and I own a Japanese 3DS.
For this one, I'm forced to either use Play-Asia, or the eShop, in order to get the games.
Other than that, Charging, Playing, Online, etc., work totally fine.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can connect to the eShop anywhere in the world, but the eShop it connects to will be of the region in which it was purchased.

for example, if i import a Japanese 3DS, it will always connect to the Japanese eShop regardless of your region settings.

the eShop game selection is different between regions. Europe has a few exclusive games that aren't released in USA, but the USA eShop has WAY more games than the Europe eShop.

for a complete list of region exclusive games, go to gamefaqs.com/ and do an advanced search filtering, "distribution: online" and "published in: Europe only".

-----
also, points cards must be purchased in the same region as the 3DS, but there are places online where you can buy them, and they email you the code.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Maybe you should leave it to the ones with experience.
1. A Japanese 3DS has no Region Settings, other than districts.
2. If you have a USA 3DS, you can set it on any North-American, South-American, some Middle-East, and some Asian countries. Only the USA, UAE, and Canada should have at least some Content.
3. If you have a EUR 3DS, you can set it on any European, Australian, Russian, Indian, and some African countries. Only West-Europe, Russia, South-Africa, Australia, and New-Zealand should have at least some Content. Additionally, UK has by far the most and earliest Content from all of them.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe you should leave it to the ones with experience.
1. A Japanese 3DS has no Region Settings, other than districts.
2. If you have a USA 3DS, you can set it on any North-American, South-American, some Middle-East, and some Asian countries. Only the USA, UAE, and Canada should have at least some Content.
3. If you have a EUR 3DS, you can set it on any European, Australian, Russian, Indian, and some African countries. Only West-Europe, Russia, South-Africa, Australia, and New-Zealand should have at least some Content. Additionally, UK has by far the most and earliest Content from all of them.

i dont understand what you mean. i thought there were only 3 regions of 3DS eShop,

anywhere in North America, anywhere in Japan, and anywhere in Europe.

if i set my USA 3DS settings to "Antarctica" it will still connect to the USA eShop. but i wont be able to use a points card or credit card because it cant calculate taxes.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
No, many countries have different Content.
Try setting it on Venezuela, for example, then you should have only the free Content, nothing else.
That's what my Venezuelian mate has told me, at least.
Only for this reason, he has his 3DS set on USA or Canada.

It often happens, that the UK gets something a whole week before it hits in the rest of Europe.
Australians profit of it sometimes, when Nintendo releases something in the European eShop the Australians have to wait for a longer time (and it's cheaper than in the Southern-Hemisphere too).

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, many countries have different Content.
Try setting it on Venezuela, for example, then you should have only the free Content, nothing else.
That's what my Venezuelian mate has told me, at least.
Only for this reason, he has his 3DS set on USA or Canada.

It often happens, that the UK gets something a whole week before it hits in the rest of Europe.
Australians profit of it sometimes, when Nintendo releases something in the European eShop the Australians have to wait for a longer time (and it's cheaper than in the Southern-Hemisphere too).

well theres nothing saying you couldent lie about your region. and have it set to a different location than where you are. you are allowed to set your region to whatever you wish, within the limit of the 3 regions of DS's. (japan, europe, usa).

for example, you live in canada, but you lie and change your region to "miami florida usa", now you have full access to the north american eShop. but you will need a american eShop card to buy anything. so you just go to one of the online places that sell USA eShop cards.

but you will never be able to purchase "Pucca Noodle Rush" on an American 3DS,
and you will not be able to purchase "Escapee Go" with a European 3DS,

because these titles are region exclusive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it +1